I'm short disc space in my Dimension 8200

I recently replaced the hard drive on my Dimension 8200 with a new 160G
drive which was partitioned into two equal NTFS partitions. I installed
Xp home and some apps. When I look at the properties of the two
partitions I see a total of 127.9G (63.4 + 64.5). I was told by the
local store which sold and installed the drive that Dell Dimension 8200
put a limit and the space which would be recognized and that no matter
how large a drive I installed 130G is the limit which would be
recognized. Is this true? Doesn't make sense to me.

It's not true - the 8200 has a 48-bit LBA and supports large drives, as
long as you've got XP, SP1 or SP2 with large drive support enabled.

http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/faq/137_winxp.html