Where can I find missing file?

March 30, 2005 4:57:02 PM

When I go to test the hardware in the VOICE RECORDING section of SOUNDS &
AUDIO DEVISES, I get an Error Code 0x 80004005: “occurred during DirectPlay
Voice Setup – We can not execute Dpvsetup.exe, use ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM CONTROL
PANEL TO INSTALL.� I can’t find that file anywhere for installing,
including in the Installation Disc.

Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.

More about : find missing file

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 6:01:14 PM

Error Message: Windows Cannot Execute DPVSetup.exe, Use Add/Remove Programs
Control Panel to Install
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282882&sd=RMVP

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 9903E39-BE6F-4A36-826F-FD1C15BDF89D@microsoft.com,
Ira8A <Ira8A@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I go to test the hardware in the VOICE RECORDING section of
> SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVISES, I get an Error Code 0x 80004005: “occurred
> during DirectPlay Voice Setup – We can not execute Dpvsetup.exe,
> use ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM CONTROL PANEL TO INSTALL.� I can’t find
> that file anywhere for installing, including in the Installation Disc.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 6:01:15 PM

Thanx for trying, but I already "been there, done that." Didn't work. Maybe
if I could just install the file like it suggests....?
"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Error Message: Windows Cannot Execute DPVSetup.exe, Use Add/Remove Programs
> Control Panel to Install
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282882&sd=RMVP
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D 9903E39-BE6F-4A36-826F-FD1C15BDF89D@microsoft.com,
> Ira8A <Ira8A@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > When I go to test the hardware in the VOICE RECORDING section of
> > SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVISES, I get an Error Code 0x 80004005: “occurred
> > during DirectPlay Voice Setup – We can not execute Dpvsetup.exe,
> > use ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM CONTROL PANEL TO INSTALL.� I can’t find
> > that file anywhere for installing, including in the Installation Disc.
> >
> > Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.

March 30, 2005 8:27:30 PM

C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
C:\WINDOWS\RegisteredPackages\{44BBA855-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D BDB92C2-0E07-47A3-80AB-09CB0D234039@microsoft.com,
Vynene <Vynene@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanx for trying, but I already "been there, done that." Didn't
> work. Maybe if I could just install the file like it suggests....?
----------------------
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Error Message: Windows Cannot Execute DPVSetup.exe, Use Add/Remove
>> Programs Control Panel to Install
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282882&sd=RMVP
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:D 9903E39-BE6F-4A36-826F-FD1C15BDF89D@microsoft.com,
>> Ira8A <Ira8A@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> When I go to test the hardware in the VOICE RECORDING section of
>>> SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVISES, I get an Error Code 0x 80004005:
>>> “occurred during DirectPlay Voice Setup – We can not
>>> execute Dpvsetup.exe,
>>> use ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM CONTROL PANEL TO INSTALL.� I
>>> can’t find that file anywhere for installing, including in
>>> the Installation Disc.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 12:31:06 PM

Pardon my incompetence: I could not find C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
or C:\WINDOWS\RegisteredPackages\{44BBA855-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C} in
the Windows search of my hard drive (although I did find C:\WINDOWS\system32)
, nor could I find those specific files in the Microsoft Support or Download
sections of their website.
Thanx for trying; please keep it up.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> C:\WINDOWS\system32
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
> C:\WINDOWS\RegisteredPackages\{44BBA855-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D BDB92C2-0E07-47A3-80AB-09CB0D234039@microsoft.com,
> Vynene <Vynene@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Thanx for trying, but I already "been there, done that." Didn't
> > work. Maybe if I could just install the file like it suggests....?
> ----------------------
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Error Message: Windows Cannot Execute DPVSetup.exe, Use Add/Remove
> >> Programs Control Panel to Install
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282882&sd=RMVP
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:D 9903E39-BE6F-4A36-826F-FD1C15BDF89D@microsoft.com,
> >> Ira8A <Ira8A@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 5:05:41 PM

How to Determine the Version of DirectX Using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool

How to Download and Install DirectX
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179113

Download details: DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:6D320CD0-02AD-4CEA-A354-85F3A0B28D67@microsoft.com,
Vynene <Vynene@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Pardon my incompetence: I could not find C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
> or
> C:\WINDOWS\RegisteredPackages\{44BBA855-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}
> in the Windows search of my hard drive (although I did find
> C:\WINDOWS\system32) , nor could I find those specific files in the
> Microsoft Support or Download sections of their website.
> Thanx for trying; please keep it up.

--------------------
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> C:\WINDOWS\system32
>> C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
>> C:\WINDOWS\RegisteredPackages\{44BBA855-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:D BDB92C2-0E07-47A3-80AB-09CB0D234039@microsoft.com,
>> Vynene <Vynene@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Thanx for trying, but I already "been there, done that." Didn't
>>> work. Maybe if I could just install the file like it suggests....?

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:53:03 AM

I just made an important discovery: In DEVISE MANAGER, there is a yellow “?�
next to MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER and also PCI INPUT DEVICE. PROPERTIES
for both shows drivers are not installed (Code 28). RESOURCES showed “Not
using any because it has a problem. PCI Bus is 0 & 2 respectively, Device 31
& 4, and Function 5 & 1.

Should I click on REINSTALL DRIVERS?

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Error Message: Windows Cannot Execute DPVSetup.exe, Use Add/Remove Programs
> Control Panel to Install
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282882&sd=RMVP
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D 9903E39-BE6F-4A36-826F-FD1C15BDF89D@microsoft.com,
> Ira8A <Ira8A@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > When I go to test the hardware in the VOICE RECORDING section of
> > SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVISES, I get an Error Code 0x 80004005: “occurred
> > during DirectPlay Voice Setup – We can not execute Dpvsetup.exe,
> > use ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM CONTROL PANEL TO INSTALL.� I can’t find
> > that file anywhere for installing, including in the Installation Disc.
> >
> > Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 8:26:46 PM

Yes.

Code 28
The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver

Solution: Reinstall Driver

This code means the device was not installed.

To resolve this issue, follow the recommended solution. If that does not
work, remove the device with Device Manager, and then use the Add New
Hardware wizard to redetect it. You may have to obtain updated drivers
if the error still occurs.]]

See this...
HOW TO: Manage Devices in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658/

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:051BB6A2-417E-4F03-A657-1C9AE5464B0B@microsoft.com,
Vynene <Vynene@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I just made an important discovery: In DEVISE MANAGER, there is a
> yellow “?� next to MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER and also PCI INPUT
> DEVICE. PROPERTIES
> for both shows drivers are not installed (Code 28). RESOURCES showed
> “Not using any because it has a problem. PCI Bus is 0 & 2
> respectively, Device 31 & 4, and Function 5 & 1.
>
> Should I click on REINSTALL DRIVERS?
------------------------

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Error Message: Windows Cannot Execute DPVSetup.exe, Use Add/Remove
>> Programs Control Panel to Install
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282882&sd=RMVP
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:D 9903E39-BE6F-4A36-826F-FD1C15BDF89D@microsoft.com,
>> Ira8A <Ira8A@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> When I go to test the hardware in the VOICE RECORDING section of
>>> SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVISES, I get an Error Code 0x 80004005:
>>> “occurred during DirectPlay Voice Setup – We can not
>>> execute Dpvsetup.exe,
>>> use ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM CONTROL PANEL TO INSTALL.� I
>>> can’t find that file anywhere for installing, including in
>>> the Installation Disc.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions? Thanx in advance.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 1:42:03 PM

I installed the missing Audigy audio drivers and downloaded (from the
internet) the dpvsetup.exe file, which is now in my hard drive, but the
Hardware Tester still does not work. Device Manager still says that
Multimedia Audio Controller does not exist. I tried installing that from my
XP-Pro Installation Disc, but that Multimedia Audio Controller driver could
not be found on the disc! Please, what to do?
"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Yes.
>
> Code 28
> The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).
>
> To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver
>

> Solution: Reinstall Driver
>
> This code means the device was not installed.
>
> To resolve this issue, follow the recommended solution. If that does not
> work, remove the device with Device Manager, and then use the Add New
> Hardware wizard to redetect it. You may have to obtain updated drivers
> if the error still occurs.]]
>
> See this...
> HOW TO: Manage Devices in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283658/
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 11:16:22 AM

The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software
and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in
your Web browser.

Download the Belarc Advisor. See what it has to say about Multimedia
Audio Controller. Then go to the manufacturer's website and get the
latest drivers.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes