I am looking for both a Laptop and a Desktop for, together, under $2000. I'm not sure if this is the best thread to ask since it also concerns a Desktop.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
11-13". Mainly for school purposes, extra portability.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
HD if possible for laptop. Don't need screen for Desktop.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
The more the better, not really sure what average is.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Diablo 3 (low-med) for Laptop. Diablo 3 (High) for Desktop.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photoshop would be nice for Laptop. Definitely for Desktop.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Don't need much (have external/online).
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3+ years. Longer for Desktop maybe.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
A portable Laptop with just enough to power to run something like Diablo 3 on low-med settings and use photoshop.
A Desktop that can run Diablo 3 on max settings and run Photoshop well.
Can this be done for $2k?