I have been using Windows xp home edition now for about 3 yrs. In early
December 2004 I had use System restore ( I had downloaded a screensaver that
was corrupt and deleting it didn't help so tech support said to perform a
system restore to before the download.) After the restore everything was
back to normal, except when I go to Windows Update it says I have to signed
on as administrator to get updates. I am signed on as administrator; there
is no other user but me as system administrator. And my windows update is
turned on but I still get no notifications. This has been for about a month
now but I can go to downloads and get the updates when they come out. Now I
have another situation. I cannot logon to my sercure account with my company
with my computer. It must be my computer because I can use my husband's
computer to do this. This just happened yesterday afternoon . I have tried
everything but nothing works. Can you help with either ir both of these
problems?

Thank you

Hi Lena,

For Windows Update issue, one of these might apply:

"Windows Update was disabled by your system administrator" error message:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326686

"Administrators only" error message when you attempt to use the Windows
Update site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524

WINUP Err Msg: Windows Update Was Disabled by Your System Administrator:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q228548/

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User