Background programs

I am resending this question for fear no one would answer a post from
Microsoft News.
I have just done a reinstall of my windows xp. It was giving me lots of
errors.
Now on the right hand side by the clock, where do I go to get rid of some
of that stuff that is running in the background.
I know I have read DON"T use msconfig, but a services.msc. I dont' know if
this is where I go though to turn those off from starting up. I want my
computer to go FAST!!!!!
Thanks.

PattiChati,

MSConfig is used to disable a program loading from Startup, whereas
Services.msc is to configure services.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User