Verifier causes immediate crash on bootup

I've been getting 0xc4 errors (driver error) and following advice in the
newsgroups, ran Verifier. At first I ran it against legacy drivers (pre - XP
Home) and all seemed to work. When I switched to ALL drivers on system, the
system crashes partway through boot. I have dozens of minidumps but am not
sure where to look for the driver at fault...or if it's even listed in the
dump. Any suggestions?

I suppose it would be too much to ask for XP to identify the driver in it's
BSOD love notes.

System: Toshiba Sat 1735 notebook.
192MB, 9gig, Norton Security, SP1

A possibly non-related issue: Extremely slow boot (5-10 minutes) w/ lots of
disk activity, extremely long app startups again with disk activity, and
unexplained disk activity when seemingly nothing else is running.

Hi,

You can send me the most recent minidump and I'll see if I can find
anything. Send it to the email address used here, and change the subject
line to "per req" to get past the filters (or I will never see it).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone