Help with uninstalling program in ADD/REMOVE

March 30, 2005 11:35:39 PM

I have been having problems installing a new program (InterVideo DVD
Creator2) and finally gave up and tried to uninstall it from the
Windows XP Home ADD/REMOVE utility.

Although I cannot find anything in the program folder and the icon
has disappeared, I still find the program listed in ADD/REMOVE and
when I try to remove it I get an error message saying..."error
extracting support files. The system cannot find the file specified."

Can someone offer an explanation for what is happening (or not
happening)? I also tried to uninstall the program in another uninstall
utility called Easy Uninstaller and get the same error message.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mary
March 30, 2005 11:57:50 PM

Try going here and if its listed ? just right click on it and select remove
, afterward go to your add and remove program area and see if its gone

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

"ECLiPSE 2002" <fdm2000@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I have been having problems installing a new program (InterVideo DVD
> Creator2) and finally gave up and tried to uninstall it from the
> Windows XP Home ADD/REMOVE utility.
>
> Although I cannot find anything in the program folder and the icon
> has disappeared, I still find the program listed in ADD/REMOVE and
> when I try to remove it I get an error message saying..."error
> extracting support files. The system cannot find the file specified."
>
> Can someone offer an explanation for what is happening (or not
> happening)? I also tried to uninstall the program in another uninstall
> utility called Easy Uninstaller and get the same error message.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> Mary
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 5:48:09 PM

Thanks for the response Road_Runner - unfortunately the key was not
found where you suggested I look for it .

Mary

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:57:50 -0500, "Road_Runner"
<xpnewsgroup@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try going here and if its listed ? just right click on it and select remove
>, afterward go to your add and remove program area and see if its gone
>
>Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
>
>"ECLiPSE 2002" <fdm2000@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I have been having problems installing a new program (InterVideo DVD
>> Creator2) and finally gave up and tried to uninstall it from the
>> Windows XP Home ADD/REMOVE utility.
>>
>> Although I cannot find anything in the program folder and the icon
>> has disappeared, I still find the program listed in ADD/REMOVE and
>> when I try to remove it I get an error message saying..."error
>> extracting support files. The system cannot find the file specified."
>>
>> Can someone offer an explanation for what is happening (or not
>> happening)? I also tried to uninstall the program in another uninstall
>> utility called Easy Uninstaller and get the same error message.
>>
>> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>>
>> Mary

April 3, 2005 11:25:05 PM

Ok , Try going into safe mode and then try to delete the program in the add
and remove area

!