Win16 Subsystem error message - please help me!

I am trying to load MySQL from the website, and have also tried from a CD.
PHP and Apache load fine. When I try to load MySQL I get the error message:
"The Win16 Subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, DOSX.EXE must be in
your AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your PATH" I have checked my Config.nt and
Autoexec.nt files and they are correct. The Microsoft site help seems to end
there. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue? I really do
need MySQL on my PC! Thanks for your help.
1 answer Last reply
More about win16 subsystem error message

    Hi Vince,

    Open System Properties, Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables
    button. Ensure that the path in the lower pane (System variables) has the
    value:
    %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemR­oot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBE­M

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to load MySQL from the website, and have also tried from a CD.
    > PHP and Apache load fine. When I try to load MySQL I get the error
    message:
    > "The Win16 Subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, DOSX.EXE must be
    in
    > your AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your PATH" I have checked my Config.nt
    and
    > Autoexec.nt files and they are correct. The Microsoft site help seems to
    end
    > there. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue? I really
    do
    > need MySQL on my PC! Thanks for your help.

Microsoft Error Message MySQL Windows XP