Win16 Subsystem error message - please help me!

March 30, 2005 8:49:04 PM

I am trying to load MySQL from the website, and have also tried from a CD.
PHP and Apache load fine. When I try to load MySQL I get the error message:
"The Win16 Subsystem was unable to enter Protected Mode, DOSX.EXE must be in
your AUTOEXEC.NT and present in your PATH" I have checked my Config.nt and
Autoexec.nt files and they are correct. The Microsoft site help seems to end
there. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue? I really do
need MySQL on my PC! Thanks for your help.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 12:17:36 AM

Hi Vince,

Open System Properties, Advanced tab and click on Environment Variables
button. Ensure that the path in the lower pane (System variables) has the
value:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemR­oot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBE­M

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User