Hey there! I was hoping I could get some advice.
I'm looking to buy a lightweight laptop (there's no immediate rush so I'm willing to wait if there's something worth waiting for!) primarily for school and playing Diablo 3.
1. What is your budget?
Would like to keep it under $1200 if possible.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
I don't know what's normal for a screen of that size so.. I guess I don't have a preference.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I'd like it to be as light/portable as possible.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not important. Will pretty much always be on a table plugged in once it's carried to it's destination.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. For the time being D3 (preferably medium-high settings if possible).. Possibly GW2 in the future but I'm guessing I shouldn't have too high hopes there.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'll buy from where I need to.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've had good experiences with Fujitsu, Toshiba, Asus.. Not a fan of HP, Dell, Apple..
I'm open to everything though (except macs)
13. What country do you live in?
Norway, but I'll most likely be ordering from the states since there's not as much option here, and I'd prefer a US kb layout.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Like I said I'm willing to wait for the right laptop if there isn't already one out there with these specs, so I'd be more than happy to hear about upcoming laptops as well !
Thanks! The Sager looks interesting but a little worried if the screen will be too small.
The Asus is a little heavier than I'd like.
I was just reading up on Gigabyte's upcoming U2442, which looks VERY promising! I wonder if there is any other upcoming ultrabooks geared more towards gaming..