How do I play an Online Game

Andy

Hiya,

Just got FM2005 for Xmas wanted to play with some of my friends online. I
tried to begin a game over the net, we all have broad band so I set myself
as the server. I added my manager, gave out the server ip address to my
mates but they don't seem to join in the game. I am running English leagues
Premier through to the conference, would this affect the length of time it
takes my friends to join the game, or is there something that I am doing
wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Andy wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Just got FM2005 for Xmas wanted to play with some of my friends
> online. I tried to begin a game over the net, we all have broad band
> so I set myself as the server. I added my manager, gave out the
> server ip address to my mates but they don't seem to join in the
> game. I am running English leagues Premier through to the
> conference, would this affect the length of time it takes my friends
> to join the game, or is there something that I am doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.

you have to make sure you have the "run as server" tick box ticked, and you
have to create the game from the network screen

Cheers

Hamish

--
Go Strugglers

Andy

"Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>> Hiya,
>>
>> Just got FM2005 for Xmas wanted to play with some of my friends
>> online. I tried to begin a game over the net, we all have broad band
>> so I set myself as the server. I added my manager, gave out the
>> server ip address to my mates but they don't seem to join in the
>> game. I am running English leagues Premier through to the
>> conference, would this affect the length of time it takes my friends
>> to join the game, or is there something that I am doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> you have to make sure you have the "run as server" tick box ticked, and
> you
> have to create the game from the network screen
>
> Cheers
>
> Hamish
>
> --
> Go Strugglers

Thanks Hamish, I have ticked the box that says run as server, but still no
joy, do you think that it might just take a while to set up over the net?

Andy wrote:
> "Hamish" <jocksspamMUNG@dsl.pipexDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Andy wrote:
>>> Hiya,
>>>
>>> Just got FM2005 for Xmas wanted to play with some of my friends
>>> online. I tried to begin a game over the net, we all have broad band
>>> so I set myself as the server. I added my manager, gave out the
>>> server ip address to my mates but they don't seem to join in the
>>> game. I am running English leagues Premier through to the
>>> conference, would this affect the length of time it takes my friends
>>> to join the game, or is there something that I am doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> you have to make sure you have the "run as server" tick box ticked,
>> and you
>> have to create the game from the network screen
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Hamish
>>
>> --
>> Go Strugglers
>>

> Thanks Hamish, I have ticked the box that says run as server, but
> still no joy, do you think that it might just take a while to set up
> over the net?

I play online regularly, and it can take a while for others to join the
game, they appear then seem to dissappear but come back again.

Another thing to check is if you have a firewall enabled, even Winblows
firewall will stop others from joining your game.

Just to emphasis the point when starting a new game for online play, goto
the network screen and click new game there and set it up ( a game started
in the normal way will not be playable online ), also CM was terrible at
showing the correct ip, double check your giving your mates the correct ip
by running ipconfig from the command prompt. FM thankfully seems to have
fixed this.

Cheers

Hamish

--