ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500 ENABLING AGP

sawman5

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
i recently purchased a dell inspiron 5100 (laptop). The graphics card is an ati 7500 64 mb. the thing is that in my graphic card setting, dxdiag, etc it says that the AGP is disabled. why is this? I know for that this card can support up to 4X AGP, but why cant I enable it? I cant even see an option to enable it on bios. Any help appreciated.
thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Did you install the OS yourself? You probably need to re-install the chipset drivers.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Aj99

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2003
yea I installed the OS myself (xp home). I'll try re-installing the chipset drivers and see what happens.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
After installing the chipset drivers I recommend you install some of ATI's Catalyst drivers, they worked great with my Radeon DDR (same chip as the 7500).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>