Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Guest Account error - ANIOApi

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 11:45:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Anyone getting this error message on opening the guest account on XP MCE? It
is followed by "Fail to open service control manager".

Any advice would be helpful.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:26:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Emax,

Have you checked the Event Log, for service control entries?

How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"emax" <emax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 59AA8ED-D6DF-4A59-8F70-6C1B736E1FAE@microsoft.com...
> Anyone getting this error message on opening the guest account on XP MCE?
> It
> is followed by "Fail to open service control manager".
>
> Any advice would be helpful.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 4:19:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for the reply. After a little digging i detrmined that a file call
ANOI Service was loaded with my D-Link wireless card. This service manager
opens in any administrator or limited use account, but the XP-MCE 2005 O/S
delivers the messagee that it failed to open in guest account mode as the
ANOI software is not enabled in that mode. (D-link customer support confirms).

THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE MESSAGE IS REPORTED REPEATEDLY AND THERE SEEMS TO BE
NO WAY TO STOP IT. I WOULD THINK THAT IT WOULD SUFFICE TO CLICK 'OK' ONCE AND
GET ON WITH THINGS. ANY IDEA/PATCH WOULD HELP?

Thanks allot!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Emax,
>
> Have you checked the Event Log, for service control entries?
>
> How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
> http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
>
> "emax" <emax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 59AA8ED-D6DF-4A59-8F70-6C1B736E1FAE@microsoft.com...
> > Anyone getting this error message on opening the guest account on XP MCE?
> > It
> > is followed by "Fail to open service control manager".
> >
> > Any advice would be helpful.
>
>
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 5:00:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for posting the details, emax.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"emax" <emax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5C96616F-B007-4075-8A32-9E3F74F1A067@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the reply. After a little digging i detrmined that a file call
> ANOI Service was loaded with my D-Link wireless card. This service manager
> opens in any administrator or limited use account, but the XP-MCE 2005 O/S
> delivers the messagee that it failed to open in guest account mode as the
> ANOI software is not enabled in that mode. (D-link customer support
> confirms).
>
> THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE MESSAGE IS REPORTED REPEATEDLY AND THERE SEEMS TO
> BE
> NO WAY TO STOP IT. I WOULD THINK THAT IT WOULD SUFFICE TO CLICK 'OK' ONCE
> AND
> GET ON WITH THINGS. ANY IDEA/PATCH WOULD HELP?
>
> Thanks allot!
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Hi Emax,
>>
>> Have you checked the Event Log, for service control entries?
>>
>> How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
>> http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>>
>> "emax" <emax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 59AA8ED-D6DF-4A59-8F70-6C1B736E1FAE@microsoft.com...
>> > Anyone getting this error message on opening the guest account on XP
>> > MCE?
>> > It
>> > is followed by "Fail to open service control manager".
>> >
>> > Any advice would be helpful.
>>
>>
!