TECH: Asteroids Deluxe

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hi all!

I recently came into the ownership of a non-working Asteroids Deluxe cabinet.
Upon first inspection, we found a burnt transistor (2n3055?) and a 100 Ohm
resistor on the Audio/Rectifier board. After replacing those, the machine
powered up with a red LED on the motherboard and one on the monitor board.

The P1 start LED started flashing and after pushing it, the sound came up and
the game played...but no monitor. There is a bright dot in the middle of
the monitor but it doesn't seem to change. The monitor is a Wells-Gardner.

Also, after running for a few minutes, it will sometimes kick into self-test
mode and give 3 high beeps and 1 low (indicating a potential problem with
R3?).

Any ideas on where we should go from here?

Thanks,
Sean
--
Sean Keplinger / Visit my Hiking/Backpacking and Projects
skeplin AT gmail DOT com / blog at: http://spookyworld.dnsalias.com/

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

The red light on the monitor means that there is not complete video signal
going to the monitor, among other things

http://www.ionpool.net/arcade/tech/bw_vector_monitor_faq.pdf

its really REALLY good ...

AF