bridge connections

March 31, 2005 10:51:06 AM

read carefully
I have 2 hosts (left and right) connected with a CAT5 cross patch cable
both have XP Prof with SP2 and all updates
both have IPV6 installed
I can ping6 ping4 both directions except for the following situation:
the host on the right (for reference) has another interface connected
successfully to a IPV4 network

"bridge connections" did not work!

from the host on the left, I tried to ping the IPV4 network address of the
computer
on the right and failed "cannot reach address"

must be some type of ipconfig command

More about : bridge connections

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 9:49:50 AM

Bridge May Not Work With a Non-Promiscuous Mode Network Adapter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302348
netsh bridge set adapter 1 forcecompatmode=enable

or
You cannot enable the Network Bridge connection between network adaptors in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892892
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup
This problem may occur after you uninstall Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or after you install a program that changes the LogLevel
registry value on your Windows XP-based computer.
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Landon Kelsey" <landonmkelsey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E6A6E0B9-9B1E-449A-AD36-F5FE6A165083@microsoft.com...
> read carefully
> I have 2 hosts (left and right) connected with a CAT5 cross patch cable
> both have XP Prof with SP2 and all updates
> both have IPV6 installed
> I can ping6 ping4 both directions except for the following situation:
> the host on the right (for reference) has another interface connected
> successfully to a IPV4 network
>
> "bridge connections" did not work!
>
> from the host on the left, I tried to ping the IPV4 network address of the
> computer
> on the right and failed "cannot reach address"
>
> must be some type of ipconfig command

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 11:01:02 AM

OK...then how do I make it work???