Sony 17sf2 Monitor Power Saving Mode

bikeme74

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2002
Hi There.

Can you tell me how I can fix this. I turned on my computer and monitor (Sony 17sf2). My computer turns on, but the monitor now just automatically goes to Power Saving Mode and I see a black screen with nothing on it. I know the monitor is in Power Saving Mode because the yellow light is on along with the Power Green light. I changed monitor, another Sony but a smaller one, the 15sf, and everything is fine; I get my desktop screen. Why is my other monitor keeps on going into Power Saving Mode? I hope you guys can help me and my Sony 17sf2 is not screwed up or anything. Thanks in advanced.

ps. I have an Asus Gefore2 GTS video card.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It might be set to an invalid refresh rate.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wait, your monitor doesn't even show BIOS? Probably fried. I had a Gateway monitor where the power saving mode controller went bad and I couldn't resume it from sleep. It was a separate card on the back of the unit, I couldn't find a replacement.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>