Hey everyone. I'm in the market for a new laptop (well I have been looking for a while). I'm having a problem of finding the *perfect* latptop for me. There's always something not quite right, and I don't want to settle.
I'm ok with waiting a little bit, so if you know of anything on the horizon, that's an option as well.
Here's the question list with answers:
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13" or 14"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600x900 would be best, This is probably the biggest selling point for me. I really want a gorgeous screen.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need? At least 4-6 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Just diablo 3, even on low but a smooth framerate will be fine. Any other games, i'll play on desktop.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Software development, light photo editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't have a brand preference, but I want the build to be exceptional. Some laptops that catch my eye are the lenovo u400 (but the screen resolution isn't what I want) and the new Samsung Series 9 model (14") (But I don't think it would be able to handle Diablo 3.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.