Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New laptop, how to fully condition it

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
April 28, 2012 3:04:54 PM

i know the thread topic sounds confusing, but those were the best words i could think of to explain what i needed help with :) ..

ok so i just bought a new laptop AlhamdulilALlah, and now i want to get the best out of it.. its an hp dv6-6c02tx.

im gonna be getting a lot of games soon inshAllah, and ive heard u should keep drivers, specially graphics card driver updated for the best result.. i searched hp, and couldnt really find anywhere to check for driver update.. could anyone help me with that?

also, any tips on how to ensure best performance from a new laptop? there arent really many bloat ware software, so i dont think reinstalling windows is necessary....

also, should i download drivers from hp website or search radeon website? what about third party softwares that keep drivers up to date?

More about : laptop fully condition

a b D Laptop
a b α HP
April 28, 2012 3:39:56 PM

Do not use the reference drive from AMD. Only use the driver provided from HP for HP DV6 laptop.
m
l
April 28, 2012 5:59:37 PM

hmm ok this is rediculous, i cant seem to b able to find my model on hp website to download drivers :/ ..can any one help me with that? also, wont windows automatic update automatically update drivers?
m
l
Related resources
April 28, 2012 6:08:52 PM

No, windows update will install a driver to allow your GPU to work, but it will not be the most recent one.
m
l
April 28, 2012 6:14:59 PM

i cant seem to b able to figure out how to download the driver.. ive registered my product to my hp account, but where do i find drivers?
m
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b α HP
April 28, 2012 11:56:21 PM

You are right. Can't find anything. I wouldn't worry too much yet since that laptop is a new product. Contact HP and ask them for help (your laptop is still under warranty).
April 29, 2012 6:15:42 AM

hmm ok well my games are still installing/updating.. lets see how they run and then i will decided whether a driver update is necessary, also whats the difference between a driver and amd catalst? it seems my driver is up to date but people say u should install the amd catalyst from their website?
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
April 29, 2012 6:19:56 AM

Catalyst control centre is use for changing settings like multiple screen, colour, game quality (force)...
m
l
April 29, 2012 6:52:25 PM

Best answer selected by death_relic0.
m
l
!