Solved

New laptop, how to fully condition it

i know the thread topic sounds confusing, but those were the best words i could think of to explain what i needed help with :)..

ok so i just bought a new laptop AlhamdulilALlah, and now i want to get the best out of it.. its an hp dv6-6c02tx.

im gonna be getting a lot of games soon inshAllah, and ive heard u should keep drivers, specially graphics card driver updated for the best result.. i searched hp, and couldnt really find anywhere to check for driver update.. could anyone help me with that?

also, any tips on how to ensure best performance from a new laptop? there arent really many bloat ware software, so i dont think reinstalling windows is necessary....

also, should i download drivers from hp website or search radeon website? what about third party softwares that keep drivers up to date?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about laptop fully condition
  1. Do not use the reference drive from AMD. Only use the driver provided from HP for HP DV6 laptop.
  2. hmm ok this is rediculous, i cant seem to b able to find my model on hp website to download drivers :/..can any one help me with that? also, wont windows automatic update automatically update drivers?
  3. No, windows update will install a driver to allow your GPU to work, but it will not be the most recent one.
  4. i cant seem to b able to figure out how to download the driver.. ive registered my product to my hp account, but where do i find drivers?
  5. Best answer
    You are right. Can't find anything. I wouldn't worry too much yet since that laptop is a new product. Contact HP and ask them for help (your laptop is still under warranty).
  6. hmm ok well my games are still installing/updating.. lets see how they run and then i will decided whether a driver update is necessary, also whats the difference between a driver and amd catalst? it seems my driver is up to date but people say u should install the amd catalyst from their website?
  7. Catalyst control centre is use for changing settings like multiple screen, colour, game quality (force)...
  8. Best answer selected by death_relic0.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Hewlett Packard