Picture and Fax viewer cannot find file

Every time I try to load an image in Microsoft Picture and Fax viewer I get a
message that no preview is available and also an error that windows cannot
find the file. Crazy thing is if I open the same image in another program
such as Macromedia Fireworks it works just fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Started happening after SP2.

"No Preview Available" and "File Format Is Not Supported" Error Messages
Occur When You Try to View Graphic Files
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326675

Restore JPEG Preview capability in Explorer.

THUMBNAIL & IMAGE PREVIEW RESTORE
(see Registry Patches Warning)
http://aumha.org/reg2.htm

Registry Patches Warning