Picture and Fax viewer cannot find file

Every time I try to load an image in Microsoft Picture and Fax viewer I get a
message that no preview is available and also an error that windows cannot
find the file. Crazy thing is if I open the same image in another program
such as Macromedia Fireworks it works just fine. Anyone have any ideas?
Started happening after SP2.
2 answers Last reply
More about picture viewer find file

    "No Preview Available" and "File Format Is Not Supported" Error Messages
    Occur When You Try to View Graphic Files
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326675

    Restore JPEG Preview capability in Explorer.

    THUMBNAIL & IMAGE PREVIEW RESTORE
    (see Registry Patches Warning)
    http://aumha.org/reg2.htm

    Registry Patches Warning
    http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#warn

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:A7765DB4-7200-44AC-A654-3DF3A436A8E6@microsoft.com,
    Lisa <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    Restore Fax Viewer: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/pictureandfaxrestore.reg

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7765DB4-7200-44AC-A654-3DF3A436A8E6@microsoft.com...
    > Every time I try to load an image in Microsoft Picture and Fax viewer I get a
    > message that no preview is available and also an error that windows cannot
    > find the file. Crazy thing is if I open the same image in another program
    > such as Macromedia Fireworks it works just fine. Anyone have any ideas?
    > Started happening after SP2.

Fax Microsoft Windows XP