E-Mail Server registering to use same

I am registering to use Outlook Express (ie send e-mails) but I do
not know if my mail server is POP3 IMAP or HTTP. Also what is
my outgoing (SMTP) server.
--
David
1 answer Last reply

    >I am registering to use Outlook Express (ie send e-mails) but I do
    > not know if my mail server is POP3 IMAP or HTTP. Also what
    > is
    > my outgoing (SMTP) server.

    You'll need to configure[1] POP3 to receive email. Your mail server
    settings[1]
    will be something like this:
    pop.YOURISP.com
    smtp.YOURISP.com or simply
    mail.YOURISP.com for both.

    Alternatively, it could be something else. Try going to the homepage
    of your ISP[2] and looking for a frequently asked questions section
    or in their help/support section - most ISPs have their server setting
    listed, though it can be a bit of a sod finding where they put it on their
    site!

    [1] most likely
    [2] Internet Service Provider, if you were wondering.

    --
    Thingy

Email Servers Windows XP