E-Mail Server registering to use same

March 31, 2005 1:21:02 PM

I am registering to use Outlook Express (ie send e-mails) but I do
not know if my mail server is POP3 IMAP or HTTP. Also what is
my outgoing (SMTP) server.
--
David
March 31, 2005 9:27:42 PM

>I am registering to use Outlook Express (ie send e-mails) but I do
> not know if my mail server is POP3 IMAP or HTTP. Also what
> is
> my outgoing (SMTP) server.

You'll need to configure[1] POP3 to receive email. Your mail server
settings[1]
will be something like this:
pop.YOURISP.com
smtp.YOURISP.com or simply
mail.YOURISP.com for both.

Alternatively, it could be something else. Try going to the homepage
of your ISP[2] and looking for a frequently asked questions section
or in their help/support section - most ISPs have their server setting
listed, though it can be a bit of a sod finding where they put it on their
site!

[1] most likely
[2] Internet Service Provider, if you were wondering.

--
Thingy
!