Problem with system timeout

At times, when I am away from my computer long enough to cause Windows to go
into "sleep" mode, I am unable to get the system to start again. In other
words, when I come back to the computer, the screen is black, I click my
mouse and the system locks up rather than coming back into an active mode.

This is a very poor explanation, but I will provide more detail if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem system timeout

    I should also add that at times, my screen saver will not activate.

    "djk" wrote:

    > At times, when I am away from my computer long enough to cause Windows to go
    > into "sleep" mode, I am unable to get the system to start again. In other
    > words, when I come back to the computer, the screen is black, I click my
    > mouse and the system locks up rather than coming back into an active mode.
    >
    > This is a very poor explanation, but I will provide more detail if needed.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.

Computers Windows XP