DJK

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2004

After my PC has booted up and is running, an unlabled application box will
appear in my task bar for about 2 or 3 seconds and disappear. It appears to
have a file icon on the left side. If I am running a game when the
application box appears, the game will minimize and windows xp will be active
on my screen.

Help!

Try Process Explorer from Sysinternals.com to investigate running processes
www.sysinternals.com

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User