Frustrated with ATI card

hineigger

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
Maybe its not the card to be honest...

But Ill put my dilemma in this section anyways.

I cleaned out the dust in my computer and put everything back together. No startup, so I cleared cmos. In reality, the vid card wasnt seated right, so I seated it right, but it was to late I had already cleared the cmos.

I setup BIOS as close to overclocked specs like I had before. (nforce2 board).

I go to play black hawk down and the game crashes to desktop with a sysdump error. Crap.

That was on catalyst 3.2. I try cat 3.9, 3.7, then 3.8, then 3.9 again and cant fix anything. The game keeps crashing to desktop. Also, 3dmark03 crashes to desktop.

Sometimes with 3.9 3dmark03 made it all the way through, but not always... Black hawk down crashes at random moments also. Sometimes soon into the game, sometiems further.

Why did clearing cmos, and setting it back up to what I can best remember, hurt how anything 3d runs?

Im so frustrated.

barton 3200, radeon 9500 w/mod to 9700 pro, nforce2 board, 200/400fsb, pc3200 ram, blah blah blah.

If anyone has any suggestions, thanks.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
haha! You broke your card!

I'll guess from GW's response that you really aren't welcome here (you're probably from before I got here), so what I stated above is all you get.

Damn Rambus.

hineigger

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
Gee thanks for the help...

And I apologize for all the immature things my brother said when logged on through my account.

Why would I bash Ati when I use an Ati card and love its performance? (Up until the last 2 days that is...)

Is there anyone who can offer up a mature response for me? Thank you.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Wow, and he owns a nice ATi, too. That makes no sense that he would troll against them (then again, Popey trolled against Intel). Oh well, I'll never understand trollers.

Damn Rambus.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
He was the worst. I found him on another forum talking about how stupid we all are here at Tom's. Funny to see him back again seeking help or friendship or whatever.

<b>I help because you suck.</b>

GW I think we should forgive him since his"brother" was the one posting not him.............

BWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hes a troll and should go home think of another excuse and maybe even change his username and start a new account not his "brothers" and maybe someone will listen.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>

cleeve

Illustrious
Your only solution is to reformat.

To make sure it's done right, reformat twice.

dhlucke

Polypheme
check your temps using motherboard monitor and make sure you aren't too hot.

Also, the mod...which mod did you do? Hardware or software mod?

hineigger

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
Thanks all.

Someone in the chat helped me, turns out my cpu wasnt getting enough volts. It was at 1.63 even though I was majorly overclocked... I fixed it, and everything is running fine.

Thanks tomshardware peeps.

cleeve

Illustrious
Reformat anyway.

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
He was the worst. I found him on another forum talking about how stupid we all are here at Tom's.
I guess I cant offer any help if hes going to be that way.
He should go back to the other forum for help.

----
I just tell it like it is and some can't handle it. If your experience is different, well congratu-fukulation.
<b>I’M NOT A ATI FANBOY, I’M NOT A NV FANBOY, I’M A STABILITY FANBOY</b>

TRENDING THREADS