TECH: Cruisin World blacks out

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I'm a pinball guy who bought my first video game and love it! I bought
a pair of Cruis'n Worlds. They are linked together and for about 4
weeks, and a lot of use, they worked fine. Then one evening one of the
screens blacked out. The next day it was back on for a short while. Now
it comes on long enough to go through its diagnostics and about half a
race then just goes black. If you wait about 15 minutes and turn it on
it's up for about the same half race and then it blacks out again.

I have checked various connections just to see if something is loose
but no good. I'm not sure what wire does what or what board does
what. Like I said I'm a pinball guy not a video guy. Can someone help
with some ideas and some diagnostics?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

The next time it blacks out, tap on the monitor chassis and see if the
picture comes back. If so you may have some cold solder joints on the
chassis board. If not, try swapping board sets between the two games and see
if the problem moves. If so then you have a board problem. LTG :)