Ed

Hi its me again, dont think my post on this one completed as i was kicked off
line, I started to install XP and got to this point :

Setup is starting windows

The following shows the existing partitions and unpartitions space

A problem has been detected

Tech Information:

***Stop 0x0000008E(0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0xF80D87D0,0x00000000)

***Setupdd.sys-Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000,Datestamp 3b7d8507

Does this mean my hard drive is bad ?

All help is appreciated

Ed, according to this it's more likely your Ram.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315335&sd=RMVP

"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi its me again, dont think my post on this one completed as i was kicked
> off
> line, I started to install XP and got to this point :
>
> Setup is starting windows
>
> The following shows the existing partitions and unpartitions space
>
> A problem has been detected
>
> Tech Information:
>
> ***Stop 0x0000008E(0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0xF80D87D0,0x00000000)
>
> ***Setupdd.sys-Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000,Datestamp 3b7d8507
>
> Does this mean my hard drive is bad ?
>
> All help is appreciated

Ed

Hi Rich, I have 2-256 k of Ram, i took one out at a time and tried to install
windows xp and still getting the same message, im also getting a message that
says 39080 MB disk 0 at ID0 on Bus 0 on atapi . Dont know if that helps or
not. Still not letting me load xp though. Appreciate any help you can give

THanks
Ed

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Ed, according to this it's more likely your Ram.
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315335&sd=RMVP
>

> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi its me again, dont think my post on this one completed as i was kicked
> > off
> > line, I started to install XP and got to this point :
> >
> > Setup is starting windows
> >
> > The following shows the existing partitions and unpartitions space
> >
> > A problem has been detected
> >
> > Tech Information:
> >
> > ***Stop 0x0000008E(0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0xF80D87D0,0x00000000)
> >
> > ***Setupdd.sys-Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000,Datestamp 3b7d8507
> >
> > Does this mean my hard drive is bad ?
> >
> > All help is appreciated

Ed, go into the Bios and select Default Settings. Make sure that
antivirus is disable in Bios. Also go to the hard drive manufacturers
website and download a DOS Diagnostic Utility.
"Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi its me again, dont think my post on this one completed as i was kicked
> off
> line, I started to install XP and got to this point :
>
> Setup is starting windows
>
> The following shows the existing partitions and unpartitions space
>
> A problem has been detected
>
> Tech Information:
>
> ***Stop 0x0000008E(0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0xF80D87D0,0x00000000)
>
> ***Setupdd.sys-Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000,Datestamp 3b7d8507
>
> Does this mean my hard drive is bad ?
>
> All help is appreciated

Ed

Rich, I went into BIOS and did what you suggested, but I couldnt find a DOS
Diagnostic utility for Maxtor hard drive, also I wouldnt be able to down load
it on that computer because I cant load windows. Do you think its my hard
drive thats bad or could both memory chips be bad ? Thanks for you help and
patience.

Ed

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Ed, go into the Bios and select Default Settings. Make sure that
> antivirus is disable in Bios. Also go to the hard drive manufacturers
> website and download a DOS Diagnostic Utility.
> "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi its me again, dont think my post on this one completed as i was kicked
> > off
> > line, I started to install XP and got to this point :
> >
> > Setup is starting windows
> >
> > The following shows the existing partitions and unpartitions space
> >
> > A problem has been detected
> >
> > Tech Information:
> >
> > ***Stop 0x0000008E(0x0000005,0xF84CCED5,0xF80D87D0,0x00000000)
> >
> > ***Setupdd.sys-Address F84CCED5 base at F84A2000,Datestamp 3b7d8507
> >
> > Does this mean my hard drive is bad ?
> >
> > All help is appreciated

Ed

Rich, I havent heard back from you regarding this, can you direct me to
anyone who might be able to assist me ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ed