Still having trouble with this - need help

Hi
In my database I have hyperlinks to some word documents. When the user
clicks on the hyperlink and brings up the word doc. Access minimises. When
the user has finished with the word doc and closes it they then have to
maximise the database again. This causes confussion from some users as they
think the database has closed and try to reopen it.
I'm sure there must be away for the window to remain open
Any ideas??
4 answers Last reply
More about still trouble help

    I suggest you try a MS Access newsgroup.

    Neil

    "Steve M" <baz100uknosp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > In my database I have hyperlinks to some word documents. When the user
    > clicks on the hyperlink and brings up the word doc. Access minimises.
    > When
    > the user has finished with the word doc and closes it they then have to
    > maximise the database again. This causes confussion from some users as
    > they
    > think the database has closed and try to reopen it.
    > I'm sure there must be away for the window to remain open
    > Any ideas??

    I am trying on there as well - just wondered if anyone else has come across
    it as it happens if I hyperlink to another app from word or excel. so i'm
    still open to suggestions

    baz

    "neil" <neilp_67@hot_mail.com (remove_s)> wrote in message
    >I suggest you try a MS Access newsgroup.
    >
    > Neil
    >
    > "Steve M" <baz100uknosp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> In my database I have hyperlinks to some word documents. When the user
    >> clicks on the hyperlink and brings up the word doc. Access minimises.
    >> When
    >> the user has finished with the word doc and closes it they then have to
    >> maximise the database again. This causes confussion from some users as
    >> they
    >> think the database has closed and try to reopen it.
    >> I'm sure there must be away for the window to remain open
    >> Any ideas??

    I've tried it using MS Office 2003 and access does not minimise, what
    version are you using.??
    In access are you using a link on a form or within a table.

    >I am trying on there as well - just wondered if anyone else has come
    >across it as it happens if I hyperlink to another app from word or excel.
    >so i'm still open to suggestions
    >
    > baz
    >
    > "neil" <neilp_67@hot_mail.com (remove_s)> wrote in message
    >>I suggest you try a MS Access newsgroup.
    >>
    >> Neil
    >>
    >> "Steve M" <baz100uknosp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> In my database I have hyperlinks to some word documents. When the user
    >>> clicks on the hyperlink and brings up the word doc. Access minimises.
    >>> When
    >>> the user has finished with the word doc and closes it they then have to
    >>> maximise the database again. This causes confussion from some users as
    >>> they
    >>> think the database has closed and try to reopen it.
    >>> I'm sure there must be away for the window to remain open
    >>> Any ideas??

    Im using Office 2000 and it is a link on a form

    > I've tried it using MS Office 2003 and access does not minimise, what
    > version are you using.??
    > In access are you using a link on a form or within a table.
    >
    > Neil
    >
    > "Steve M" <baz100uknosp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I am trying on there as well - just wondered if anyone else has come
    >>across it as it happens if I hyperlink to another app from word or excel.
    >>so i'm still open to suggestions
    >>
    >> baz
    >>
    >> "neil" <neilp_67@hot_mail.com (remove_s)> wrote in message
    >>>I suggest you try a MS Access newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>> Neil
    >>>
    >>> "Steve M" <baz100uknosp@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Support Microsoft Database Windows XP