Still having trouble with this - need help

April 1, 2005 12:20:16 AM

Hi
In my database I have hyperlinks to some word documents. When the user
clicks on the hyperlink and brings up the word doc. Access minimises. When
the user has finished with the word doc and closes it they then have to
maximise the database again. This causes confussion from some users as they
think the database has closed and try to reopen it.
I'm sure there must be away for the window to remain open
Any ideas??

More about : trouble

April 1, 2005 12:20:17 AM

I suggest you try a MS Access newsgroup.

Neil

"Steve M" <baz100uknosp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> In my database I have hyperlinks to some word documents. When the user
> clicks on the hyperlink and brings up the word doc. Access minimises.
> When
> the user has finished with the word doc and closes it they then have to
> maximise the database again. This causes confussion from some users as
> they
> think the database has closed and try to reopen it.
> I'm sure there must be away for the window to remain open
> Any ideas??

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 12:56:03 AM

I am trying on there as well - just wondered if anyone else has come across
it as it happens if I hyperlink to another app from word or excel. so i'm
still open to suggestions

baz

"neil" <neilp_67@hot_mail.com (remove_s)> wrote in message
>I suggest you try a MS Access newsgroup.
>
> Neil
>
> "Steve M" <baz100uknosp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> In my database I have hyperlinks to some word documents. When the user
>> clicks on the hyperlink and brings up the word doc. Access minimises.
>> When
>> the user has finished with the word doc and closes it they then have to
>> maximise the database again. This causes confussion from some users as
>> they
>> think the database has closed and try to reopen it.
>> I'm sure there must be away for the window to remain open
>> Any ideas??

Related resources
April 1, 2005 1:27:44 AM

I've tried it using MS Office 2003 and access does not minimise, what
version are you using.??
In access are you using a link on a form or within a table.

>I am trying on there as well - just wondered if anyone else has come
>across it as it happens if I hyperlink to another app from word or excel.
>so i'm still open to suggestions
>
> baz
>
> "neil" <neilp_67@hot_mail.com (remove_s)> wrote in message
>>I suggest you try a MS Access newsgroup.
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> "Steve M" <baz100uknosp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> In my database I have hyperlinks to some word documents. When the user
>>> clicks on the hyperlink and brings up the word doc. Access minimises.
>>> When
>>> the user has finished with the word doc and closes it they then have to
>>> maximise the database again. This causes confussion from some users as
>>> they
>>> think the database has closed and try to reopen it.
>>> I'm sure there must be away for the window to remain open
>>> Any ideas??

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 6:37:57 PM

Im using Office 2000 and it is a link on a form

!