Windows cannot access any files

I get an error message under my user account when I try to access any file.
The error message states: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path
or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
However, when I log in under my wife's or son's user accounts, they work
perfectly fine with access to all files. I checked the User Groups and I am
an Administrator with full priveleges. I can't seem to find an answer as to
why it only impacts my user account! Help me please!
2 answers Last reply
More about windows access files

    You may be best creating yourself a new account and moving your files to the
    new "my documents".

    Neil

    "darapa1617" <darapa1617@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I get an error message under my user account when I try to access any file.
    > The error message states: "Windows cannot access the specified device,
    > path
    > or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the
    > item."
    > However, when I log in under my wife's or son's user accounts, they work
    > perfectly fine with access to all files. I checked the User Groups and I
    > am
    > an Administrator with full priveleges. I can't seem to find an answer as
    > why it only impacts my user account! Help me please!

    HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418
    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "darapa1617" <darapa1617@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I get an error message under my user account when I try to access any file.
    > The error message states: "Windows cannot access the specified device,
    > path
    > or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the
    > item."
    > However, when I log in under my wife's or son's user accounts, they work
    > perfectly fine with access to all files. I checked the User Groups and I
    > am
    > an Administrator with full priveleges. I can't seem to find an answer as
    > why it only impacts my user account! Help me please!

Error Message Windows XP