Windows cannot access any files

I get an error message under my user account when I try to access any file.
The error message states: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path
or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
However, when I log in under my wife's or son's user accounts, they work
perfectly fine with access to all files. I checked the User Groups and I am
an Administrator with full priveleges. I can't seem to find an answer as to
why it only impacts my user account! Help me please!

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You may be best creating yourself a new account and moving your files to the
new "my documents".

Neil

"darapa1617" <darapa1617@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get an error message under my user account when I try to access any file.
> The error message states: "Windows cannot access the specified device,
> path
> or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the
> item."
> However, when I log in under my wife's or son's user accounts, they work
> perfectly fine with access to all files. I checked the User Groups and I
> am
> an Administrator with full priveleges. I can't seem to find an answer as
> why it only impacts my user account! Help me please!

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP