tech: red quadrant on WG4900

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

My WG 4900 has a red 'hot-spot' in the top left quadrant of the monitor
(mounted vertical)... the whole area has an over abundance of red, but the
video is visible. The rest of the monitor is fine.

I cap'd it, and it is still there... I'll thinking gun focus (any google
references for adjusting the guns?), or maybe a deflector board problem.

I figured there are enough of these out there, someone knowledgable may have
the answer off the bat.

Thanks,

Michael

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

degauss....move the cabinet, or just turn it sideways and see if it changes
anything! if this changes(better or worse), than you need to degauss it.

probably something with a magnetic field close to it, or just earth's
magnetic field.....

hope this helps,
Kelly