Service pack1 or 1a query

March 31, 2005 6:35:03 PM

Hi everyone :)
Im running home edition xp (pre installed)
For many reasons i had to reinstall my computer back to its original factory
settings - meaning i lost lots of programs including office 2003.

Now that my computer is like brand new i went to install office 2003 on it
last night and a pop up box appeared explaining that a service pack had not
been completed and the installation could not take place until my computer
was updated. Which is fine.
Due to the fact that my computer is back to its original state i dont even
have service pack one on it anymore.
I can NOT download service pack one from the update site as the site reads
that i already have it (in which i did before the computer was reinstalled
back to factory) and it is in my history installation. I can not download
service pack 2 as i only have dial up and its too big for me to even try to
do.
so my question is if anyone at all knows where on the microsoft site i can
download service pack one i would be more than happy. If anyone out there
could just send me in the right direction pwwwwwwwwwwwwease.
Because as soon as i have service pack 1 i can put office back on and then i
will be happy!!!

thanking you in advance lots and lots
Kylie

More about : service pack1 query

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 8:00:37 PM

Kylie;
You can download SP-2 or order the CD, Step 1 on this link:
The CD normally takes less than 2 weeks to arrive.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone :)
> Im running home edition xp (pre installed)
> For many reasons i had to reinstall my computer back to its original
> factory
> settings - meaning i lost lots of programs including office 2003.
>
> Now that my computer is like brand new i went to install office 2003 on it
> last night and a pop up box appeared explaining that a service pack had
> not
> been completed and the installation could not take place until my computer
> was updated. Which is fine.
> Due to the fact that my computer is back to its original state i dont even
> have service pack one on it anymore.
> I can NOT download service pack one from the update site as the site reads
> that i already have it (in which i did before the computer was reinstalled
> back to factory) and it is in my history installation. I can not download
> service pack 2 as i only have dial up and its too big for me to even try
> do.
> so my question is if anyone at all knows where on the microsoft site i can
> download service pack one i would be more than happy. If anyone out there
> could just send me in the right direction pwwwwwwwwwwwwease.
> Because as soon as i have service pack 1 i can put office back on and then
> will be happy!!!
>
> thanking you in advance lots and lots
> Kylie
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 9:01:52 PM

Windows XP Service Pack 1a Download
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...

Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"The Aussie Girl" wrote:

| Hi everyone :)
| Im running home edition xp (pre installed)
| For many reasons i had to reinstall my computer back to its original factory
| settings - meaning i lost lots of programs including office 2003.
|
| Now that my computer is like brand new i went to install office 2003 on it
| last night and a pop up box appeared explaining that a service pack had not
| been completed and the installation could not take place until my computer
| was updated. Which is fine.
| Due to the fact that my computer is back to its original state i dont even
| have service pack one on it anymore.
| I can NOT download service pack one from the update site as the site reads
| that i already have it (in which i did before the computer was reinstalled
| back to factory) and it is in my history installation. I can not download
| service pack 2 as i only have dial up and its too big for me to even try to
| do.
| so my question is if anyone at all knows where on the microsoft site i can
| download service pack one i would be more than happy. If anyone out there
| could just send me in the right direction pwwwwwwwwwwwwease.
| Because as soon as i have service pack 1 i can put office back on and then i
| will be happy!!!
|
| thanking you in advance lots and lots
| Kylie
March 31, 2005 9:01:53 PM

Hello Jupiter thank you very much for your advice and response, i now have
ordered service pack 2 on cd - thanking you

Hello Carey
thank you also very much for responding to both my postings in two different
newsgroups totally appreciated. I clicked on the site for service pack one
that you gave me and it is for networks - will that make a difference since
my computer is a stand alone, will it affect anything, im sooo much more
worried now after the huge problems ive had to have to restort to putting my
computer back to factory settings!! thanking you again, i will wait for your
reply before i download this service pack..... thanks a bunch

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Windows XP Service Pack 1a Download
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...
>
> Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "The Aussie Girl" wrote:
>
> | Hi everyone :)
> | Im running home edition xp (pre installed)
> | For many reasons i had to reinstall my computer back to its original factory
> | settings - meaning i lost lots of programs including office 2003.
> |
> | Now that my computer is like brand new i went to install office 2003 on it
> | last night and a pop up box appeared explaining that a service pack had not
> | been completed and the installation could not take place until my computer
> | was updated. Which is fine.
> | Due to the fact that my computer is back to its original state i dont even
> | have service pack one on it anymore.
> | I can NOT download service pack one from the update site as the site reads
> | that i already have it (in which i did before the computer was reinstalled
> | back to factory) and it is in my history installation. I can not download
> | service pack 2 as i only have dial up and its too big for me to even try to
> | do.
> | so my question is if anyone at all knows where on the microsoft site i can
> | download service pack one i would be more than happy. If anyone out there
> | could just send me in the right direction pwwwwwwwwwwwwease.
> | Because as soon as i have service pack 1 i can put office back on and then i
> | will be happy!!!
> |
> | thanking you in advance lots and lots
> | Kylie

Anonymous
March 31, 2005 9:01:54 PM

The Network Installation is fine.
Microsoft prefers single computer users download SP-2 directly from Windows
Update Express Installation because the bandwidth is far less.
However I think people benefit from having the CD.
The net result is the same whether you order or download SP-2 on CD or
perform Express Installation from Windows Update.

--

> Hello Jupiter thank you very much for your advice and response, i now
> have
> ordered service pack 2 on cd - thanking you
>
> Hello Carey
> thank you also very much for responding to both my postings in two
> different
> newsgroups totally appreciated. I clicked on the site for service pack one
> that you gave me and it is for networks - will that make a difference
> since
> my computer is a stand alone, will it affect anything, im sooo much more
> worried now after the huge problems ive had to have to restort to putting
> my
> computer back to factory settings!! thanking you again, i will wait for
> your
> reply before i download this service pack..... thanks a bunch
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 9:01:55 PM

thank you very much Jupiter - so i can download the network installation -
great thank you more than you would know!!!

my computer does not recognise sp 2 as when i go to the microsoft update
site and it thinks to see what updates i need it doesnt even mention any
service packs at all. As service pack 1 is in my history so obviously it
doesnt recognise that!!

thank you for telling me about the cds, i have tried to download sp2 but it
takes too long since i only have dial up and my connection drops out
waaaaaaaaaaay before it even finishes (this was before i had all my computer
problems)

Now if everything is ok to download this sp1 im going to do it now
once again a huge thanks --- your a life saver
!