I have an Asus A8N SLI motherboard, two Segate SATA 80Gig Harddrives and
would like to install RAID 0 on them. In BIOS i have activated RAID. When PC
started booting up i pressed F10 to get into NVRAID menu and there have
activated RAID between the two harddrives. Next it was time to install
windows. I found the RAID drivers on the motherbaord, and extracted them onto
a floppy disk. When windws started loading i pressed F6 and the installed
both of the drivers. Then i pressed enter to continue the setup and it
started loading some other stuff. Eventually it got to a point where it said
windows is now loading and then the PC restarted. Why did it restart at this
point? Non of the manuals i have said it would restart when installing RAID.
It should have just continued to install XP. I have tried this a few times
and it restarts at this point every time. Whats up? Please help.

DantheMan

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

To some this may seem like a basic question but here it goes

Are you sure that you loaded the correct driver? I'm not sure but perhaps
make it load the wrong one by accident?

The manual said load both of them and i did.

"DanTheMan" wrote:

> To some this may seem like a basic question but here it goes
>
> Are you sure that you loaded the correct driver? I'm not sure but perhaps
> make it load the wrong one by accident?

I tried dissabling RAID and installing the OS on only one of the Drives and
the XP installed ok. Then when i tried installing the drivers that came with
the motherboard and then restart the PC it would get into loading windows
screenand then restart. It would not even get into the safe mode. Please help

"Kul" <Kul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried dissabling RAID and installing the OS on only one of the Drives and
> the XP installed ok. Then when i tried installing the drivers that came
> with
> the motherboard and then restart the PC it would get into loading windows
> screenand then restart. It would not even get into the safe mode. Please
> help

Why do you want RAID 0? It is not fault tolerant so you are doubling your
chances of losing data due to drive failure. If one drive fails you will
lose all the data on both drives.

That said check out this post regarding RAID on this motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/computer/topic/42145-1.html

I don't know competent the poster is but it sounds like this chipset on this
motherboard is not the best implementation of RAID. The post does have step
by step instructions for setting it up. If that doesn't help try a google
search for Asus A8N RAID setup. It found hundreds of posts similar to one I
linked to above.

Kerry