Where can I get temperature program

Anyone know where I can get a program/utility to measure the temperature
of the CPU in a Dimension 8400.
TIA
ricardo
7 answers Last reply
More about where temperature program

    You can't do it with software alone - you will need a hardware
    temperature sensor like a TTake HardCano (www.thermaltake.com).

    ricardo wrote:

    > Anyone know where I can get a program/utility to measure the temperature
    > of the CPU in a Dimension 8400.

    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

    will do the job, *if* the mobo has one of the standard CPU temp sensors

    Your Dell does not have a temperature diode, so you will not be able to
    monitor your temps through software.

    Bobby

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:23:31 +1100, ricardo <me@myself.com> wrote:

    >Anyone know where I can get a program/utility to measure the temperature
    > of the CPU in a Dimension 8400.
    >TIA
    >ricardo

    >http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

    Speed Fan ........freeware ........works in my Precison 530.........no
    clue if it works on a Dimension...............

    "Martin" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
    > ricardo wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know where I can get a program/utility to measure the temperature
    >> of the CPU in a Dimension 8400.
    >
    > http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
    >
    > will do the job, *if* the mobo has one of the standard CPU temp sensors

    No Dimension I have ever owned has the sensor (8100,4550,2400). Haven't
    tried it with my 4550, but I would doubt it.

    Tom

    ricardo wrote:
    > Anyone know where I can get a program/utility to measure the temperature
    > of the CPU in a Dimension 8400.
    > TIA
    > ricardo
    Thanks evryone for your input. I think you are correct about the
    Dimension 8400 not having the physical sensor on the chip.
    Regards
    ricardo

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:49:31 -0500, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
    wrote:

    >"Martin" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
    >> ricardo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know where I can get a program/utility to measure the temperature
    >>> of the CPU in a Dimension 8400.
    >>
    >> http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
    >>
    >> will do the job, *if* the mobo has one of the standard CPU temp sensors
    >
    >No Dimension I have ever owned has the sensor (8100,4550,2400). Haven't
    >tried it with my 4550, but I would doubt it.
    >
    >Tom

    To my knowledge no Dells sold with the intel chip allow this. But if
    you ordered the Intel chip outside of Dell, you might have this
    sensor.

Dell Dimension Temperature Computers