Wifi voip on Tungsten C

August 5, 2005 9:16:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

I have a Tungsten C and a home wifi setup. Is there any software to make
VOIP calls on a TC?
Penster

More about : wifi voip tungsten

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 11:09:54 AM

Penster wrote:

> I have a Tungsten C and a home wifi setup. Is there any software to make
> VOIP calls on a TC?

It doesn't appear to be the case. Skype once intended (published with
'pending' status) to have a Palm version, but this seems to have been given
up.

http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/June_2005_3/msg0...

Roy
August 10, 2005 4:42:42 AM

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:16:43 GMT, "Penster" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote:

>I have a Tungsten C and a home wifi setup. Is there any software to make
>VOIP calls on a TC?
>Penster

Unless you are looking for a service (paid for) like GPhone (Defunct
now? - also I don't know if that will work for your device?) then the
only other VOIP client I can see that might? work is iPhone.

http://www.taptarget.com/products/iphone.html

However before you ask the question whether there are "any apps" you
need to look at whether there are any apps that will connect to the
services you require. SKYPE for example is a non starter in palm
unless you use a central service which is most likely to cost you.

iPhones is a prototype app and their forum is a good place to get more
info...

Pete
!