MS VPN Client gets the same server and client IP from MS V..

I am using MS VPN Server on an XP Pro Node that is set to use DHCP Server to
assign Incomming Connection IPs. The server does get an IP from the DHCP for
the server software but when a MS VPN Client on another XP Pro box connects,
it gets the same address as the server and of course that messes up the
routing. If I keep disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes I will get a
different IP and all is well. can anyone help with this?

Michael, try posting the details to the microsoft.public.isa.vpn newsgroup.
They should be able to help you over there. This newsgroup supports
Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software, not networking in
general.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Michael Sweet" <Michael Sweet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using MS VPN Server on an XP Pro Node that is set to use DHCP Server
> assign Incomming Connection IPs. The server does get an IP from the DHCP
> for
> the server software but when a MS VPN Client on another XP Pro box
> connects,
> it gets the same address as the server and of course that messes up the
> routing. If I keep disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes I will get a
> different IP and all is well. can anyone help with this?

Yes That works but any Idea On Why Automatic DHCP Assignment fails? A
Linksys router is providing the DHCP Function.

"Chris H." wrote:

> Michael, try posting the details to the microsoft.public.isa.vpn newsgroup.
> They should be able to help you over there. This newsgroup supports
> Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software, not networking in
> general.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Michael Sweet" <Michael Sweet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using MS VPN Server on an XP Pro Node that is set to use DHCP Server
> > assign Incomming Connection IPs. The server does get an IP from the DHCP
> > for
> > the server software but when a MS VPN Client on another XP Pro box
> > connects,
> > it gets the same address as the server and of course that messes up the
> > routing. If I keep disconnecting and reconnecting, sometimes I will get a
> > different IP and all is well. can anyone help with this?

Whoops Wrong Thread =)