Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Hi,

I just got a new PC with a 250gb harddrive from Maxtor. In the BIOS
the Asus board detects it as a 250gb drive but i just installed winXP
Pro with no service pack and it says that the HD size is only 191gb
and after the install of the OS it say that only 125gb is left.. I
find it hard to belive that winXP will take up over 65gb.

Please help.

thank you

You need to install the service packs (1 or 2) to get 48-bit lba in order to
see the full size of the drives.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/