last post about this i promise - service pack problem

due to the most horrific problems by computer had to be restored back to
factory settings meaning i lost a lot of programs to name one office 2003.
I went to install office 2003 again last night and a pop came up saying that
a service pack had not been completed, installation can not take place until
computer is updated.
I dont have a service pack even on my computer anymore and due to the fact
that i could not get one from the update site (as it already thinks i have it
since i installed it on my computer a long time ago so its in my history
installation) i have now downloaded service pack 1a to disc and will install
it to my computer when i get home from work.

will this fix my problem once the installation is installed completely and
correctly. Will i be able to put office 2003 on once the xp service pack 1A
is on???

thanking you in advance.
i also know there is a service pack 2 available but since i have dial up i
can not download this and yes i have ordered one but i can not wait the 2
weeks for it to arrive as i need my computer so im hoping this will fix it???

does this sound correct then??

You can reinstall SP1 even if its already installed,to chk,go to run,type:
WinVer As far as office 03 goes,try the reinstall after SP1,you can go to
TechNet at microsoft,downloads,expand the tree at bottom,then search
for SP2 for XP,download the entire folder,then install.