Connecting to Internet

Thevicon on my desktop indicates that my workgroup is not
connected to the Internet; yet the Broadband Utility
shows that I am. What gives?

Perhaps I'm not understanding the terminology you're using, but your
Workgroup is within your own Local Area Network, and is not exposed to the
Internet. If the utility is showing an Internet connection, are you in fact
connected? Can you browse and receive your email?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Bill B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thevicon on my desktop indicates that my workgroup is not
> connected to the Internet; yet the Broadband Utility
> shows that I am. What gives?

Yes, I can send/receive email. I think you explained why
why the workgroup icon shows that it's not
connected...thanks.