Cable Modem & Sleep Mode

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsXP.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Guys,
I have a Surfboard SB5100 Cable modem.

When I come out of sleep mode the modem does not connect. I cant even
repair the connection. The only way is to disable then enable the LAN or do
a reboot.

A few days ago I repaired windows installation. All is now working fine but
for the cable modem issueI have

Before this when I came out of sleep mode the cable modem was immediately
connected.

Any suggestions on how to get my cable modem to connect again immediately
when I get my PC out of sleep mode.

ta

Darren

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsXP.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Did you enable DHCP Server on your SB5100 Cable modem?

If you did, your connection status will change in 20 sec after recovering
from the standby status.

If you did not, please type http://192.168.100.1/config.html in your IE
address bar and press ENTER, check the option "Enable DHCP Server" on the
middle of the page.

Any other problems, please feel free to follow up this thread. Or you can
also contact Motorola Consumer Support at
https://motorolabroadband.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/motorolabroadband.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=urj4nQBh.

--
Regards,
Yao Su

"NOSPAM" <NOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
| Guys,
| I have a Surfboard SB5100 Cable modem.
|
| When I come out of sleep mode the modem does not connect. I cant even
| repair the connection. The only way is to disable then enable the LAN or
do
| a reboot.
|
| A few days ago I repaired windows installation. All is now working fine
but
| for the cable modem issueI have
|
| Before this when I came out of sleep mode the cable modem was immediately
| connected.
|
| Any suggestions on how to get my cable modem to connect again immediately
| when I get my PC out of sleep mode.
|
| ta
|
| Darren

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsXP.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Yao,

Yes it was already checked the DHCP Server checkbox.

Still not an active modem when i come out of sleep/ standby?

Any other suggestions?

I have taken your advice by emailling motorola support.

Darren