Sign in with
Your question

Asus 9800xt dont buy

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 10, 2003 5:16:35 PM

this all sucks for hours I've been pissin about with the asus drivers and install cd so I chucked it. installed the catalist drivers (iknow i cant overclock with these but what the)and gues what the drivers installed controll panel installed and I think wdm installed and no other xp asking fro new hardware drivers. I think that asus have this seriosly wrong even ther hardware monitoring software wouldnt install this all SUCKS I have read review after review singing the praises for this card and no mention of the prat on with drivers (no control pannel) if asus is going to piss about with the design of the frigin card then they should damn well get the install right. This will be the last asus card I buy and if anyone offered me a decent price for it I would sell it tomorrow. And yes it is only 24hrs old.

More about : asus 9800xt dont buy

December 10, 2003 5:44:23 PM

You are obviously a patient and reasonable man. I can't believe this problem could possibly be due to human error.

I tell you what, I'm a humanitarian and a philanthropist.
I'll help you out and give you $100 US for this piece of crap.

I wouldn't do this for just anyone, but you got moxie kid.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 10, 2003 6:08:38 PM

Heck I'll give him $150 US.
December 10, 2003 6:08:53 PM

yep not a problem your on 100 dolls for it you can pick up a chep flight to the u.k for 500 quid and collect O.K
December 10, 2003 6:48:05 PM

Because I am both generous and wise, I will up my offer to $175 USD for the useless junk, *AND* I will throw in shipping costs, making a trip to your lovely country unnecessary!

How much is shipping from the UK to Canada, anyway? got to be less than 500 quid.

December 10, 2003 7:45:12 PM

i live in the uk that wud be so much easier wat they give u in dollars i can give u in pounds lol.
December 10, 2003 9:40:00 PM

I thought the UK was a US state and used dollars? No? Well I'm happy with euros in Belgium. :tongue:
December 10, 2003 11:55:38 PM

Quote:
I thought the UK was a US state and used dollars?

Oooooooooooooooh!I came here for the hardware discussion, i stay for the political satire! :smile:

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]
December 10, 2003 11:55:40 PM

I'll give you $175 US dollars PLUS I'll throw in my Geforce 4 mx 440 FREE OF CHARGE!! I'll pay for shipping both ways. After all, you don't want to be having a broken card lying around do you? Come on......You know you want to.

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue
December 11, 2003 12:04:37 AM

psh i'll trade u my R9600pro for it + $100US + shipping

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
FX5700Ultra, the next Ti4200? seems so
December 11, 2003 1:07:40 AM

Last time I checked, punctunation is still commonly used in the English language.

Anyhow, my first real video card was a Asus Geforce 256 and it took me literally two weeks to get working. HOwever, that was back in windows 98 days where IRQ conflicts were still a problem.

I forgot what I did, but after I got my video card to work once, it has been working smoothly ever since. You probably should re-install windows with the newest catalyst driver, and take your time. The problem should work itself out.

Asus makes great products and they're worth every penny.

Sparks
December 11, 2003 6:06:03 PM

Hey dudes dont get me wrong I went for the ati 9800 because of the the company (ati) my beef is with asus NOT ati and again I will say that the Frigin drivers did not work ATI's did, the system is new the system was clean and for the last time ASUS WAS TO BLAME and in the good old days when you new you had an IRQ problem then you could sort it out but when a driver install says did not instal ~001 then what do you do?? except dump the sun of a bitch and use some proper drivers GOT IT. and as for the Belgium guy asking about a euro state then I personally wish him luck?? no the u.k is not a state of america and no we do not use dollars BUT we are probably the only friends left in this hemisphere. Thank got I didnt buy a french card EHHH.. this will be my last rant and rave about this card Mnfu HONEST
December 11, 2003 6:23:47 PM

Friends!

I suggest that we all set aside our differences and concentrate on bashing the French.

So you got that card to work now Bob?

December 11, 2003 6:33:34 PM

Spice de counasse!

<font color=blue>If the <font color=yellow>laurel</font color=yellow> is to big for your head, it becomes a hoola-hoop, and you have to keep your butt really busy.</font color=blue>
December 11, 2003 7:06:30 PM

You may have just got a bad disk too, probally not anything to do with asus since alot of people and reviewers have gotten this card and had nothing but props for it...

Shadus
!