problem: installed sp2, keeps automatically restarting on ..

hello everyone
I just installed sp2, and then it asked to reboot, now i cant start up my
computer (currently using another one). Everytime it tries to boot up, when
the windows loading screen goes on, after a second it resets on its own and
tries to boot again and again and again and safe mode doesnt work either.
Any suggestions ? Computer is a pentium4 1.5ghz 1st gen cpu intel mobo.
2 answers Last reply
More about problem installed automatically restarting

    Boot to setup CD, and press "r" for Recovery Console Run the command :
    cd .\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst
    run:
    BATCH SPUNINST.TXT

    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Boot_or_shutdown_problems_after_Service_Pack_2_installation
    Boot or shutdown problems after Service Pack 2 installation

    How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875355&product=windowsxpsp2
    How to use the Automatic Recovery feature to recover your computer if the Windows XP
    Service Pack 2 Setup program is not completed successfully

    Service Pack 2 information
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm
    http://jmfmvps.mvps.org/SP2.htm

    How to successfully install Windows XP Service Pack 2.
    http://www.fixyourwindows.com/winxpsp2install.htm

    Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxpsp2

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx
    What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2

    Vlad wrote:
    > hello everyone
    > I just installed sp2, and then it asked to reboot, now i cant start
    > up my computer (currently using another one). Everytime it tries to
    > boot up, when the windows loading screen goes on, after a second it
    > resets on its own and tries to boot again and again and again and
    > safe mode doesnt work either. Any suggestions ? Computer is a
    > pentium4 1.5ghz 1st gen cpu intel mobo.

Computers Windows XP