IE 6.0 adds extra www. and .net

My system is Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2 installed. Recently
when I attempt to browse any web sites besides my homepage, I notice
that the status bar adds an extra www. to the beginning and a .org or
..net to the end of the site I'm trying to visit (www.yahoo.com become
www.www.yahoo.com.net). I can't find any setting that would make this
behavior change. Some friends have suggested that I might have to do a
complete reinstall. That seems a little drastic. Is there any other
(less extreme) solution? Thank you.

Richard L. Dery

try disk cleaner and delete temporary internet files....and anything else
that's not needed

--
Robbie
http://www3.nbnet.nb.ca/rmorris/ollie.htm

On 2005-04-01, Robbie <rmorris@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
> try disk cleaner and delete temporary internet files....and anything else
> that's not needed

Is this the disk cleaner that comes with Windows XP or is it something
to download?

Dick Dery