My Computer Folder keeeps creashing

everytime I go to my computer it keeps crashing, it will not allow me to open
any folders, it just hangs. internet explorer works fine not sure whats
wrong. Does anybody know a fix for this
1 answer Last reply
More about computer folder keeeps creashing

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    if no help:
    Boot to the XP setup CD, and press 'r' for recovery console, run the command : CHKDSK /R
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Raz" <Raz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15AFA8B2-8B59-41B4-9D3C-C0402C667C01@microsoft.com...
    > everytime I go to my computer it keeps crashing, it will not allow me to open
    > any folders, it just hangs. internet explorer works fine not sure whats
    > wrong. Does anybody know a fix for this

Internet Explorer Computers Microsoft Windows XP