strange dial up msg

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I'm running xp pro and have an adsl broadband connection. For no
reason that I can find I keep getting a popup message saying "You or a
program" have asked for information from msn.com. Which dialup
connection should be used".

Where did that come from, and how do I get rid of it? My instinct says
it's something to do with MSN Messenger, but I'm blowed if I can see
what....

Maybe some email setting in Messenger, or Outlook Express.

For OE, look in OE, tools, Options, Connection tab, and uncheck that checkbox, to allow sharing with the broadband that IE uses by
default.

MSN Messenger behavior can be set to check the mail.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509