Let's kick racism out of football...

Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were here
watching again racism behavior on EPL.

As from today I will keep this tread alive and list my personal banned
list of racist players.
My unique possible response will be to keep these persons listed here and
bann the players listed out of my FM gaming:

1)Aragones (staff)
2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)

hope the list won't grow.

brgds

--
The Brazilian Man

> 1)Aragones (staff)
> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
> 3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)

I must admit to having missed incidents 2 and 3, what happened?

Em Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:29:29 -0000, Marc Robbins
<marc@ITHINKTHISMEANSNOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> escreveu:

>> 1)Aragones (staff)
>> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
>> 3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)
>

> I must admit to having missed incidents 2 and 3, what happened?

Parlour pointed his white skin to Diouf to show their difference and Riise
showed to Johnson he could move away due his smell.

--
The Brazilian Man

"The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in

> Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were
> here watching again racism behavior on EPL.

Early candidate for worst thread of 2005.

--
PG

Em 3 Jan 2005 17:28:11 GMT, PivotalG <pivotalgubbins@nospam.sent.com>
escreveu:

> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in
>
>> Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were
>> here watching again racism behavior on EPL.
>
> Early candidate for worst thread of 2005.

why worst? do you support racists?

--
The Brazilian Man

The Brazilian Man wrote:

> Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were here
> watching again racism behavior on EPL.
>
> As from today I will keep this tread alive and list my personal banned
> list of racist players.
> My unique possible response will be to keep these persons listed here
> and bann the players listed out of my FM gaming:
>
> 1)Aragones (staff)
> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
> 3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)
>
> hope the list won't grow.
>
> brgds

Riise???? Riise is not a racist. He`s best friend is John Carew ("black"
i might add). They also ended up in a fight, BUT, Riise has a very bad
temper and wether they`re white, black, yellow etc doesn`t matter. Riise
is Riise. He`s NEVER made one comment about color, but he`s english is
NOT good and some of the interviews (or the interviewers) do ask him
questions he gives "weird" answeres to, but mainly because he doesn`t
understand the question.

Riise is also a member of the anti-rasistic organisation "MOT" in norway.

Pink

Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:06:03 +0100, Mr. Pink <thedeadstaysdead@forever.no>
escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>
>> Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were here
>> watching again racism behavior on EPL.
>> As from today I will keep this tread alive and list my personal
>> banned list of racist players.
>> My unique possible response will be to keep these persons listed here
>> and bann the players listed out of my FM gaming:
>> 1)Aragones (staff)
>> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
>> 3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)
>> hope the list won't grow.
>> brgds
>>

> Riise???? Riise is not a racist. He`s best friend is John Carew ("black"
> i might add). They also ended up in a fight, BUT, Riise has a very bad
> temper and wether they`re white, black, yellow etc doesn`t matter. Riise
> is Riise. He`s NEVER made one comment about color, but he`s english is
> NOT good and some of the interviews (or the interviewers) do ask him
> questions he gives "weird" answeres to, but mainly because he doesn`t
> understand the question.
>
> Riise is also a member of the anti-rasistic organisation "MOT" in norway.
>
> Pink

so why he made that gesture to Glen?

--
The Brazilian Man

The Brazilian Man wrote:

> Em Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:29:29 -0000, Marc Robbins
> <marc@ITHINKTHISMEANSNOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> escreveu:
>

>>> 1)Aragones (staff)
>>> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
>>> 3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)
>>

>> I must admit to having missed incidents 2 and 3, what happened?
>>

> Parlour pointed his white skin to Diouf to show their difference and
> Riise showed to Johnson he could move away due his smell.

You do know the "smell" thing is a joke, don`t you...

Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:06:59 +0100, Mr. Pink <thedeadstaysdead@forever.no>
escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:

>>> I must admit to having missed incidents 2 and 3, what happened?
>>>

>> Parlour pointed his white skin to Diouf to show their difference and
>> Riise showed to Johnson he could move away due his smell.
>>

> You do know the "smell" thing is a joke, don`t you...

cannot see it as joke, but lack of respect

--
The Brazilian Man

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were here
> watching again racism behavior on EPL.
>
> As from today I will keep this tread alive and list my personal banned
> list of racist players.
> My unique possible response will be to keep these persons listed here
> and bann the players listed out of my FM gaming:
>
> 1)Aragones (staff)
> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)

Please explain....

--
----------- Daniel -----------

-------------- FORZA ARSENAL --------------

Em Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:26:25 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Marsh
<danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>> Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were here
>> watching again racism behavior on EPL.
>>
>> As from today I will keep this tread alive and list my personal banned
>> list of racist players.
>> My unique possible response will be to keep these persons listed here
>> and bann the players listed out of my FM gaming:
>>
>> 1)Aragones (staff)
>> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
>
> Please explain....
>
>> 3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)
>>
>> hope the list won't grow.
>>
>> brgds

read previous e-mail

he had showed his skin to point a difference to Diouf

--
The Brazilian Man

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:07:20 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:06:03 +0100, Mr. Pink <thedeadstaysdead@forever.no>
>escreveu:
>
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>
>>> Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were here
>>> watching again racism behavior on EPL.
>>> As from today I will keep this tread alive and list my personal
>>> banned list of racist players.
>>> My unique possible response will be to keep these persons listed here
>>> and bann the players listed out of my FM gaming:
>>> 1)Aragones (staff)
>>> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
>>> 3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)
>>> hope the list won't grow.
>>> brgds
>>>

>> Riise???? Riise is not a racist. He`s best friend is John Carew ("black"
>> i might add). They also ended up in a fight, BUT, Riise has a very bad
>> temper and wether they`re white, black, yellow etc doesn`t matter. Riise
>> is Riise. He`s NEVER made one comment about color, but he`s english is
>> NOT good and some of the interviews (or the interviewers) do ask him
>> questions he gives "weird" answeres to, but mainly because he doesn`t
>> understand the question.
>>
>> Riise is also a member of the anti-rasistic organisation "MOT" in norway.
>>
>> Pink
>
>so why he made that gesture to Glen?

maybe he farted, or did indeed smell of BO.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:38:30 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:

> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:07:20 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:06:03 +0100, Mr. Pink
>> <thedeadstaysdead@forever.no>
>> escreveu:

>>> Riise???? Riise is not a racist. He`s best friend is John Carew
>>> ("black"
>>> i might add). They also ended up in a fight, BUT, Riise has a very bad
>>> temper and wether they`re white, black, yellow etc doesn`t matter.
>>> Riise
>>> is Riise. He`s NEVER made one comment about color, but he`s english is
>>> NOT good and some of the interviews (or the interviewers) do ask him
>>> questions he gives "weird" answeres to, but mainly because he doesn`t
>>> understand the question.
>>>
>>> Riise is also a member of the anti-rasistic organisation "MOT" in
>>> norway.
>>>
>>> Pink
>>
>> so why he made that gesture to Glen?
>
> maybe he farted, or did indeed smell of BO.

I live in a country where more than 50% are african-brazilians, we can
have differences, but we can't take it as we're better, just because we're
not.

--
The Brazilian Man

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:32:10 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>Em Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:26:25 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Marsh
><danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> escreveu:
>
>> The Brazilian Man wrote:
>>> Well guys, I'm starting this tread to show you how sad we were here
>>> watching again racism behavior on EPL.
>>>
>>> As from today I will keep this tread alive and list my personal banned
>>> list of racist players.
>>> My unique possible response will be to keep these persons listed here
>>> and bann the players listed out of my FM gaming:
>>>
>>> 1)Aragones (staff)
>>> 2)Ray Parlour (Diof incident)
>>
>> Please explain....
>>
>>> 3)Riise (Glen Johnson incident)
>>>
>>> hope the list won't grow.
>>>
>>> brgds
>>

>read previous e-mail
>
>he had showed his skin to point a difference to Diouf

when?

honestly have to admit to not seeing this at all, nor hearing anything
about it in the press.......and we all know how quick the uk press are
to jump on stuff like this. maybe you misinterpreted his gesture?

--

Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:40:13 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:

> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:32:10 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Em Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:26:25 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Marsh
>> <danmaruk@NOSPAMbtopenworld.com> escreveu:

>>> Please explain....

>> read previous e-mail
>>
>> he had showed his skin to point a difference to Diouf
>
> when?
>
> honestly have to admit to not seeing this at all, nor hearing anything
> about it in the press.......and we all know how quick the uk press are
> to jump on stuff like this. maybe you misinterpreted his gesture?

both incidents were highlighted by brazilian TV as proof of European
misconduct and racism on football.

--
The Brazilian Man

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:41:29 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:38:30 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:07:20 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
>> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>>
>>> Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:06:03 +0100, Mr. Pink
>>> <thedeadstaysdead@forever.no>

>>> so why he made that gesture to Glen?
>>
>> maybe he farted, or did indeed smell of BO.
>
>I live in a country where more than 50% are african-brazilians, we can
>have differences, but we can't take it as we're better, just because we're
>not.

yeah, but maybe he stunk.

some people do smell pretty bad when they sweat you know, doesnt mean
he was being racist....... (like i say, not seen either incident so
dont really know whats happened)
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:42:23 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>Em Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:40:13 GMT, Chris F <chris@asif.com> escreveu:
>
>> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:32:10 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
>> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>>> read previous e-mail
>>>
>>> he had showed his skin to point a difference to Diouf
>>
>> when?
>>
>> honestly have to admit to not seeing this at all, nor hearing anything
>> about it in the press.......and we all know how quick the uk press are
>> to jump on stuff like this. maybe you misinterpreted his gesture?
>>

>both incidents were highlighted by brazilian TV as proof of European
>misconduct and racism on football.

neither have been picked up on by the uk media, and like i say, there
isnt a more over-reactionary or overzealous media group in the world!
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW

>> both incidents were highlighted by brazilian TV as proof of European
>> misconduct and racism on football.
>
> neither have been picked up on by the uk media, and like i say, there
> isnt a more over-reactionary or overzealous media group in the world!

I regret to bring it up and cause such reaction, just reflected what I've
heard and saw on local TV.
Unhapilly I can't show you the tape, but I'm honest and this is not my
ilusion.

--

> using a FM model, pls issue a pool if I shall leave AGCM.
>
> voting & democracy is the best way to show where I should rest.

As I said, it is my opinion. I am not saying for a minute that you
should leave AGCM. Your posts on FM itself are very informative and
interesting to read. However, some on your opinions on wider issues
are often very strange and lack any suppprting evidence.

Maybe I was a little too harsh in my previous post and for that I
apologise. However, accusing these players of racism is frankly
stupid, regardless of what you have seen on TV.

--
PG

Em 3 Jan 2005 19:17:30 GMT, PivotalG <pivotalgubbins@nospam.sent.com>
escreveu:

> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in
>
>> using a FM model, pls issue a pool if I shall leave AGCM.
>>
>> voting & democracy is the best way to show where I should rest.
>
> As I said, it is my opinion. I am not saying for a minute that you
> should leave AGCM. Your posts on FM itself are very informative and
> interesting to read. However, some on your opinions on wider issues
> are often very strange and lack any suppprting evidence.
>
> Maybe I was a little too harsh in my previous post and for that I
> apologise. However, accusing these players of racism is frankly
> stupid, regardless of what you have seen on TV.

With relief I see that you recognize the harshness, and won't take it, so
let's go ahead.
About being strange, well i'm human and fail very much, so no offence
either.
Leaving AGCM, would not unless banned. :)

Will quit the tread (racism) on goodwill, but honestly tell you that it
was our view of both incidents, in which hopefully you (and Pink) are
right and I withdraw.

--

> Will quit the tread (racism) on goodwill, but honestly tell you
> that it was our view of both incidents, in which hopefully you
> (and Pink) are right and I withdraw.

Fair enough, and I'm glad that you are not considering quitting AGCM.
Can I just suggest that you read your media, both newspaper and TV,
but take caution with everything they say? If the media in Brazil is
anything like it is here, they will often say this to cause hype, and
these stories will be based on unfounded rumours or hear'say.

Take care,
--
PG

Em 3 Jan 2005 19:36:16 GMT, PivotalG <pivotalgubbins@nospam.sent.com>
escreveu:

> "The Brazilian Man" <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote in
>
>> Will quit the tread (racism) on goodwill, but honestly tell you
>> that it was our view of both incidents, in which hopefully you
>> (and Pink) are right and I withdraw.
>
> Fair enough, and I'm glad that you are not considering quitting AGCM.
> Can I just suggest that you read your media, both newspaper and TV,
> but take caution with everything they say? If the media in Brazil is
> anything like it is here, they will often say this to cause hype, and
> these stories will be based on unfounded rumours or hear'say.
>
> Take care,

advice taken, but the source was not our tabloids, but open TV, that is
well recognized.

--

> advice taken, but the source was not our tabloids, but open TV,
> that is well recognized.

Trust me, the media is the media. Tabloids are usually worse, but the
TV can be just as bad at times.

--
PG

"The Brazilian Man"

>>> I must admit to having missed incidents 2 and 3, what happened?
>>>

>> Parlour pointed his white skin to Diouf to show their difference and
>> Riise showed to Johnson he could move away due his smell.
>>

> You do know the "smell" thing is a joke, don`t you...

>cannot see it as joke, but lack of respect

Glen Johnson made some insane tackles in that game and was just a pain in
the arse. I don't belive Riise's gestures had anything to do with racial
issues.

Regards
Lars

"The Brazilian Man"

>>> both incidents were highlighted by brazilian TV as proof of European
>>> misconduct and racism on football.
>>
>> neither have been picked up on by the uk media, and like i say, there
>> isnt a more over-reactionary or overzealous media group in the world!
>
>I regret to bring it up and cause such reaction, just reflected what I've
>heard and saw on local TV.
>Unhapilly I can't show you the tape, but I'm honest and this is not my
>ilusion.

I'm very confident that at least the Riise incident, which I saw, had
NOTHING racial about it. He would've done the same thing to a white player.
Anything else is over reacting.

I'm not a racist and we've NEVER had any problems with Racism in Danish
football, although there is some diversity (best player in the league is
Egyptian - Zidan), but no problems. So you would never be able to talk about
a general problem in Europe. Americans often mistake Europe for being like
one big country. The differences are huge!

Spain and mainly Italy have problems with rascism, but I don't think it
happens anywhere else.

Best regards
Lars