"Microsoft Has Recovered From A Serious Error" Plus Java C..

Question 1- "Microsoft Has Recovered From A Serious Error"
Hey, everytime i restart my comp (or my comp restarts spontaneously) i get
an error message saying "Microsoft has recovered from a serious error".

I know there is a patch for it, but thats only SP1, is there a problem on
the SP2, cause when i dl the package to try and fix it, it says my service
pack outdates it, so i cant install the patch to fix it.

Question 2-Comp Freezing when playing a java based game
Whenever I play a java based game, my comp either freezing or restarts
automatically. Any Idea why?

Thanks!

the "microsoft has recovered from a serious Error" message usually pops up
when there is hardware failure.....

the computer freezing could very well be connected with that hardware
problem. it could be your memory (RAM), or your hard drive. i had a similar
problem a few weeks ago, leading to my HD taking one last sprint, before
joining that great big junkyard in the sky.

anyone else have anything i missed?

Cheers,
Demolitio

"Field_99" <Field_99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Question 1- "Microsoft Has Recovered From A Serious Error"
> Hey, everytime i restart my comp (or my comp restarts spontaneously) i get
> an error message saying "Microsoft has recovered from a serious error".
>
> I know there is a patch for it, but thats only SP1, is there a problem on
> the SP2, cause when i dl the package to try and fix it, it says my service
> pack outdates it, so i cant install the patch to fix it.
>
> Question 2-Comp Freezing when playing a java based game
> Whenever I play a java based game, my comp either freezing or restarts
> automatically. Any Idea why?
>
> Thanks!

Java is off by default in SP2:

Pictures do not appear as expected, or you receive an error message when you open an HTML file on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-b:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=878461

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509