With an MN-700
I'm running everything else with dynamic IP, but I want to
install a Brother Multifunction printer/fax/etc... that
works best with a static IP.

Is there a trick to letting me assign a statis IP to the
multifunction while letting the other machines on the
system stay dynamic??

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Not a real trick but you can do it. Just open the Base Station
Management Tool and go to the Local Area Network page. You will see the
DHCP starting and ending addresses. probably something like 192.168.2.2
to 198.168.2.50. Thats the range the router will assign addresses in.
Everything above 50 will not be assigned by the router. You can assign
the Brother, with the Brother install software an address of , say ,
192.168.2.100 and the router will be happy. You don't have to do
anything to the router.

Joy

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have just set up a print server this way. However only
wire-connected computer can print. Wireless-connected
computers can't see the print server. The IP of the print
server is not reachable from wireless-connected computers.

Any ideas?

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can the wireless connected computers share files across the network?
Can they see the wired computers on the network? Can they ping the
print server and wired PC's on the network?