Probably a stupid Nintendo question?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I have a bunch of Nintendo PCB's, all look in good shape, many
different games.

Tomorrow, I am getting a Nintendo Dr. Mario game. Is it possible to
just plug and play other PCB's in this cabinet and play the games?
Without any hacking? If any of the PCB's I have actually work?

It is just a regular Dr. Mario, not a vs cabinet, just an upright
Nintendo blue cabinet.

I searched but found nothing that could help me.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-Tim

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Ron-

Thanks. KLOV has both a Vs. Dr. Mario and a Dr. Mario (Nintendo
PlayChoice) listed.

I have a bunch of regular Nintendo PCB's and Nintendo Vs. PCB's. Maybe
I can get something to work.

Will the "other Nintendo boards like Donkey Kong and Mario Bros, Popeye
etc." swap out just by changing the PCB's and work, in a regular
Nintendo cabinet?

Thanks for the quick response.
-Tim

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hi Tim;
The wiring's the same on some, but different on others. Dr. Mario was a
Vs. game, so the cabinet must have been rewired to be a Vs. cabinet. It'll
play any Vs. game, which means if you have different Vs. pcb's, it'll play
them, or the Vs. pcb that's in it (Dr. Mario) will have roms that you can
remove and put other Vs. roms on. Your other Nintendo boards like Donkey
Kong and Mario Bros, Popeye etc. won't work because the wiring is very
different.

Ron
"mudmantim" <mudmantim@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a bunch of Nintendo PCB's, all look in good shape, many
> different games.
>
> Tomorrow, I am getting a Nintendo Dr. Mario game. Is it possible to
> just plug and play other PCB's in this cabinet and play the games?
> Without any hacking? If any of the PCB's I have actually work?
>
> It is just a regular Dr. Mario, not a vs cabinet, just an upright
> Nintendo blue cabinet.
>
> I searched but found nothing that could help me.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> -Tim

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hello;
Yes, there was one for the Playchoice, but it wouldn't be in a cabinet
that says "Dr. Mario" on it, it would be in a cabinet with the playchoice
marquee, and there'd be more games... so since you didn't mention any of
them, I assumed it must be the Vs. version.

DK/DKJr. have the same harness, but I believe that Popeye has a different
power supply configuration, I've heard. The joysticks only a 2 way, as well
I believe.

Good luck!