OLYMPUS c4000z and ISO setting

vito

Hello,

Can I set ISO to 400 and expect to have reasonable good exposures? And
what does the AUTO setting do? Is this better ? I'm going to try it out
this evening, but I like to read some comments from experienced users.

Many thanks

--
All the best from Vito
******************************

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:23:54 +0200, Vito wrote:

>Can I set ISO to 400 and expect to have reasonable good exposures? And
>what does the AUTO setting do? Is this better ? I'm going to try it out
>this evening, but I like to read some comments from experienced users.

ISO 400 is just terrible in such digicams, better a get tripod and
use ISO 50 or 100 (below 200 anyway). There are programs that will
remove some of the noise in the pics (like MediaHance's HotPixels (or
some other program from them that is more 'to the point') or Neat
Image, but lower ISO is always better -- unless the subject is moving
too fast, that is...

"Rolf Egil Sølvik" <rolfegil@c2i.net> wrote in message
> There are programs that will
> remove some of the noise in the pics (like MediaHance's HotPixels (or
> some other program from them that is more 'to the point') or Neat
> Image,

Steves Digicams mentions noise ninja. Anybody have any experience with it?
Richard