The best of two old cards

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I have 2 sucky 8MB AGP cards, and I need to give away the one that sucks the most. I am putting it in a friend's mother's computer to rid her of her onboard video.

My cards are an 8MB Vanta Nvidia and an 8MB Matrox G200. Both cards work. My instinct says keep the Nvidia, unless there is something special about the Matrox.

The card I keep will go back in a computer I have fixed up for my sister.

<font color=red><b>To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n.</b></font color=red>
John Milton, <i>Paradise Lost</i>, II 262-263

The Matrox G200 is a better card IMO. Visual quality is better on the G200s. The vanta may perform a little better in games because I think it has 2 pipes versus the Matrox's 1.

If your sister is into gaming, then the Vanata, if she is mainly using it for 2D, then the G200.

I know which one I'd keep, but that's a decidedly prejudiced view.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
The Matrox G200 it is then... my sister is not into gaming... my nephew is... but we are talking about an 8MB card here... I want to keep the best one... when they do get a new computer, all the parts from this one will end up pack in my heap of old computer parts for varous projects... and this is easy, too, considering the Matrox is already installed in the computer for my sister...

Thanks

<font color=red><b>To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n.</b></font color=red>
John Milton, <i>Paradise Lost</i>, II 262-263<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Titanion on 12/12/03 03:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
Wow, I had a G200. That thing SUCKED! Not the speed, nor the quality. The drivers. Fully half the games I tried on it had some sort of problem. Plus Matrox had maybe three driver updates.

After I got my tnt2, nvidia became my fav company. No problems from day one.

<font color=blue>If the <font color=yellow>laurel</font color=yellow> is to big for your head, it becomes a hoola-hoop, and you have to keep your butt really busy.</font color=blue>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Agree with GreatGrapeApe

----------------
<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>