blue screen computer shuts down.......

Barry

Anyone know what this means.....

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

stop: 0x00000050

(0xa00504c0, 0x00000000, 0x8051d062, 0x00000000)

I get a few of them, especially if im running some kind of game computer
justs shuts down..

I got a new one just before....

Irql_not_less_or_equal

Please help this is so damn annoying

running xp sp1

Windows is a very (understatement) unstable OS.

Try some of these:http://kadaitcha.cx/0x50_error.html

Hope you solve your problem. I got through my share of blue screens ...
It was nasty but worked it out :)

--
scarabee
scarabee's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=11325

You have to give the full error message (I presume that you did this for 0x50 as if you didn't the cause is on the next line - it may or may not be there). I want to compare the things in brackets to see if they are related.

THERE IS NO POINT POSTING WITHOUT FULL ERROR MESSAGES. You will waste hours doing pointless things. 0x50 can (can means can not is) be caused by faulty memory, however 0xA isn't caused by faulty memory.

"barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:OBk9nStNFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Anyone know what this means.....
>
> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
>
> stop: 0x00000050
>
> (0xa00504c0, 0x00000000, 0x8051d062, 0x00000000)
>
> I get a few of them, especially if im running some kind of game computer
> justs shuts down..
>
> I got a new one just before....
>
> Irql_not_less_or_equal
>
> Please help this is so damn annoying
>
> running xp sp1

Barry

as soon as it happens again i will post it....

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
You have to give the full error message (I presume that you did this for
0x50 as if you didn't the cause is on the next line - it may or may not be
there). I want to compare the things in brackets to see if they are related.

THERE IS NO POINT POSTING WITHOUT FULL ERROR MESSAGES. You will waste hours
doing pointless things. 0x50 can (can means can not is) be caused by faulty
memory, however 0xA isn't caused by faulty memory.

"barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know what this means.....
>
> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
>
> stop: 0x00000050
>
> (0xa00504c0, 0x00000000, 0x8051d062, 0x00000000)
>
> I get a few of them, especially if im running some kind of game computer
> justs shuts down..
>
> I got a new one just before....
>
> Irql_not_less_or_equal
>
> Please help this is so damn annoying
>
> running xp sp1

It's probably in Event Viewer. Type event viewer in Help. Also if it's not, type
small memory dump
in Help and it will show you how to set blue screen options, event logging options, and memory dump options. I'll be asking for a memory dump at some stage. Type minidump in Start Run to find the dump files.

Also type verifier in Start Run and follow the wizard. If you can't start afterwards use Last Known Good Configuration on the start up menu. We want the error to occur when verifier is on and a minidump created.

"barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:u3WdQ9tNFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> as soon as it happens again i will post it....
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> You have to give the full error message (I presume that you did this for
> 0x50 as if you didn't the cause is on the next line - it may or may not be
> there). I want to compare the things in brackets to see if they are related.
>
> THERE IS NO POINT POSTING WITHOUT FULL ERROR MESSAGES. You will waste hours
> doing pointless things. 0x50 can (can means can not is) be caused by faulty
> memory, however 0xA isn't caused by faulty memory.
>
> "barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone know what this means.....
>>
>> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
>>
>> stop: 0x00000050
>>
>> (0xa00504c0, 0x00000000, 0x8051d062, 0x00000000)
>>
>> I get a few of them, especially if im running some kind of game computer
>> justs shuts down..
>>
>> I got a new one just before....
>>
>> Irql_not_less_or_equal
>>
>> Please help this is so damn annoying
>>
>> running xp sp1

Barry

ok here it is and happening like crazy.

stop: 0x0000008e
(0xc0000005, 0xBF87B734, 0XEE307CA0, 0X00000000

WIN32K.SYS - ADDRESS BF87B734 BASE AT BF800000, DATE STAMP 3F731950
It's probably in Event Viewer. Type event viewer in Help. Also if it's not,
type
small memory dump
in Help and it will show you how to set blue screen options, event logging
options, and memory dump options. I'll be asking for a memory dump at some
stage. Type minidump in Start Run to find the dump files.

Also type verifier in Start Run and follow the wizard. If you can't start
afterwards use Last Known Good Configuration on the start up menu. We want
the error to occur when verifier is on and a minidump created.

"barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> as soon as it happens again i will post it....
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> You have to give the full error message (I presume that you did this for
> 0x50 as if you didn't the cause is on the next line - it may or may not be
> there). I want to compare the things in brackets to see if they are
related.

> THERE IS NO POINT POSTING WITHOUT FULL ERROR MESSAGES. You will waste
hours
> doing pointless things. 0x50 can (can means can not is) be caused by
faulty
> memory, however 0xA isn't caused by faulty memory.
>
> "barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone know what this means.....
>>
>> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
>>
>> stop: 0x00000050
>>
>> (0xa00504c0, 0x00000000, 0x8051d062, 0x00000000)
>>
>> I get a few of them, especially if im running some kind of game computer
>> justs shuts down..
>>
>> I got a new one just before....
>>
>> Irql_not_less_or_equal
>>
>> Please help this is so damn annoying
>>
>> running xp sp1

Any similar problem listed by microsoft was fixed in SP2. Have you installed SP2. In the DDK documentation they mention Remote Control programs can cause this error. You should try a memory tester
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

This will keep you busy for a few hours. Was this message done with verifier on? If so you can turn it off if it's increasing the number of stop messages. If not enable it. Also are all Stop messages the same, exactly the same? Are they the same as verifier not on? What other things did event viewer say happened around the same time as a crash?

Win2k.sys is a core windows system file. This makes it harder to track the cause down. Are you doing something at the time of each crash, a particular program running, typing, using the mouse, or something else you or the computer were doing?

Did you send (or were you offered to send) a report to MS. If so after it's sent if it's a known problem to MS a dialog with a link to more info will appear.

Driver Development Tools: Windows DDK

Bug Check 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000008E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

Parameters
The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description
1 The exception code that was not handled
2 The address at which the exception occurred
3 The trap frame
4 Reserved

Cause
This is a very common bug check. To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated.

Common exception codes include:

a.. 0x80000002: STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT
An unaligned data reference was encountered.

b.. 0x80000003: STATUS_BREAKPOINT
A breakpoint or ASSERT was encountered when no kernel debugger was attached to the system.

c.. 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

d.. A memory access violation occurred.

For a complete list of exception codes, see the ntstatus.h file located in the inc directory of the Windows DDK.

Resolving the Problem
If you are not equipped to debug this problem, you should use some basic troubleshooting techniques. Make sure you have enough disk space. If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters. Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you plan to debug this problem, you may find it difficult to obtain a stack trace. Parameter 2 (the exception address) should pinpoint the driver or function that caused this problem.

If exception code 0x80000003 occurs, this indicates that a hard-coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but the system was started with the /NODEBUG switch. This problem should rarely occur. If it occurs repeatedly, make sure a kernel debugger is connected and the system is started with the /DEBUG switch.

If exception code 0x80000002 occurs, the trap frame will supply additional information.

If the specific cause of the exception is unknown, the following should be considered:

Hardware incompatibility. First, make sure that any new hardware installed is listed on the Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility List (HCL).

Faulty device driver or system service. In addition, a faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.

If a driver is listed by name within the bug check message, disable or remove that driver. Disable or remove any drivers or services that were recently added. If the error occurs during the startup sequence and the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe Mode to rename or delete the faulty driver. If the driver is used as part of the system startup process in Safe Mode, you need to start the computer by using the Recovery Console to access the file.

If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program. If such software is installed, the service can be removed by starting the system using the Recovery Console and deleting the offending system service file.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing bug check 0x1E. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve the error. You should also run hardware diagnostics, especially the memory scanner, supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner’s manual for your computer.

The error that generates this message can occur after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished. A possible cause of the error is lack of disk space for installation and system BIOS incompatibilities. For problems during Windows installation that are associated with lack of disk space, reduce the number of files on the target hard disk. Check for and delete any unneeded temporary files, Internet cache files, application backup files, and .chk files containing saved file fragments from disk scans. You can also use another hard disk with more free space for the installation. BIOS problems can be resolved by upgrading the system BIOS version.

Send feedback on this topic. / Built on Thursday, February 13, 2003

"barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:uVCT%23TwNFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> ok here it is and happening like crazy.
>
> stop: 0x0000008e
> (0xc0000005, 0xBF87B734, 0XEE307CA0, 0X00000000
>
> WIN32K.SYS - ADDRESS BF87B734 BASE AT BF800000, DATE STAMP 3F731950
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> It's probably in Event Viewer. Type event viewer in Help. Also if it's not,
> type
> small memory dump
> in Help and it will show you how to set blue screen options, event logging
> options, and memory dump options. I'll be asking for a memory dump at some
> stage. Type minidump in Start Run to find the dump files.
>
> Also type verifier in Start Run and follow the wizard. If you can't start
> afterwards use Last Known Good Configuration on the start up menu. We want
> the error to occur when verifier is on and a minidump created.

> "barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>> as soon as it happens again i will post it....
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> You have to give the full error message (I presume that you did this for
>> 0x50 as if you didn't the cause is on the next line - it may or may not be
>> there). I want to compare the things in brackets to see if they are
> related.
>>
>> THERE IS NO POINT POSTING WITHOUT FULL ERROR MESSAGES. You will waste
> hours
>> doing pointless things. 0x50 can (can means can not is) be caused by
> faulty
>> memory, however 0xA isn't caused by faulty memory.
>> --
>>
>> "barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Anyone know what this means.....
>>>
>>> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
>>>
>>> stop: 0x00000050
>>>
>>> (0xa00504c0, 0x00000000, 0x8051d062, 0x00000000)
>>>
>>> I get a few of them, especially if im running some kind of game computer
>>> justs shuts down..
>>>
>>> I got a new one just before....
>>>
>>> Irql_not_less_or_equal
>>>
>>> Please help this is so damn annoying
>>>
>>> running xp sp1

Barry

i have not installed sp2, i have sp1 and it happens everytime i 1 either try
and play a game, or 2 run a scan like for adware or virus.

Send feedback on this topic. / Built on Thursday, February 13, 2003

"barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> ok here it is and happening like crazy.
>
> stop: 0x0000008e
> (0xc0000005, 0xBF87B734, 0XEE307CA0, 0X00000000
>
> WIN32K.SYS - ADDRESS BF87B734 BASE AT BF800000, DATE STAMP 3F731950
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> It's probably in Event Viewer. Type event viewer in Help. Also if it's
not,
> type
> small memory dump
> in Help and it will show you how to set blue screen options, event logging
> options, and memory dump options. I'll be asking for a memory dump at some
> stage. Type minidump in Start Run to find the dump files.
>
> Also type verifier in Start Run and follow the wizard. If you can't start
> afterwards use Last Known Good Configuration on the start up menu. We want
> the error to occur when verifier is on and a minidump created.

> "barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>> as soon as it happens again i will post it....
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> You have to give the full error message (I presume that you did this for
>> 0x50 as if you didn't the cause is on the next line - it may or may not
be
>> there). I want to compare the things in brackets to see if they are
> related.
>>
>> THERE IS NO POINT POSTING WITHOUT FULL ERROR MESSAGES. You will waste
> hours
>> doing pointless things. 0x50 can (can means can not is) be caused by
> faulty
>> memory, however 0xA isn't caused by faulty memory.
>> --
>>
>> "barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Anyone know what this means.....
>>>
>>> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
>>>
>>> stop: 0x00000050
>>>
>>> (0xa00504c0, 0x00000000, 0x8051d062, 0x00000000)
>>>
>>> I get a few of them, especially if im running some kind of game computer
>>> justs shuts down..
>>>
>>> I got a new one just before....
>>>
>>> Irql_not_less_or_equal
>>>
>>> Please help this is so damn annoying
>>>
>>> running xp sp1

Barry

You said run the verifier but not sure what to do, their are a few
options......does nt give me a send option.....just shuts down and blue
screen appears........i checked the minidump as you aske and i have a load
of files, as well as errors in the event viewer, this thing is driving me
so nuts, im thinking of just dropping it off to my brother n law and let
him wipe everything out and just reload windows

how would i post the minidump?

Send feedback on this topic. / Built on Thursday, February 13, 2003

"barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
> ok here it is and happening like crazy.
>
> stop: 0x0000008e
> (0xc0000005, 0xBF87B734, 0XEE307CA0, 0X00000000
>
> WIN32K.SYS - ADDRESS BF87B734 BASE AT BF800000, DATE STAMP 3F731950
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> It's probably in Event Viewer. Type event viewer in Help. Also if it's
not,
> type
> small memory dump
> in Help and it will show you how to set blue screen options, event logging
> options, and memory dump options. I'll be asking for a memory dump at some
> stage. Type minidump in Start Run to find the dump files.
>
> Also type verifier in Start Run and follow the wizard. If you can't start
> afterwards use Last Known Good Configuration on the start up menu. We want
> the error to occur when verifier is on and a minidump created.

> "barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>> as soon as it happens again i will post it....
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> You have to give the full error message (I presume that you did this for
>> 0x50 as if you didn't the cause is on the next line - it may or may not
be
>> there). I want to compare the things in brackets to see if they are
> related.
>>
>> THERE IS NO POINT POSTING WITHOUT FULL ERROR MESSAGES. You will waste
> hours
>> doing pointless things. 0x50 can (can means can not is) be caused by
> faulty
>> memory, however 0xA isn't caused by faulty memory.
>> --
>>
>> "barry" <bbeltman@si.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Anyone know what this means.....
>>>
>>> Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
>>>
>>> stop: 0x00000050
>>>
>>> (0xa00504c0, 0x00000000, 0x8051d062, 0x00000000)
>>>
>>> I get a few of them, especially if im running some kind of game computer
>>> justs shuts down..
>>>
>>> I got a new one just before....
>>>
>>> Irql_not_less_or_equal
>>>
>>> Please help this is so damn annoying
>>>
>>> running xp sp1

Barry

im gonna try and copy n paste this, this is from application in the event
viewer
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine
CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

0000: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43 WRTWRTIC
0008: 32 31 31 33 00 00 00 00 2113....
0010: 57 52 54 57 52 54 49 43 WRTWRTIC
0018: 32 30 37 38 00 00 00 00 2078....

Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 8193
Source: VSS
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: VSS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED_CALLING_ROUTINE
Message: Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling
routine %1. hr = %2.

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal
processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of
d:\nt_qxp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106, faulting module
user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.1255, fault address 0x0000595a.

Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1000
Source: Application Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3,
version %4, fault address 0x%5.

The performance counter name string value in the registry is incorrectly
formatted. The bogus string is 2536, the bogus index value is the first
DWORD in Data section while the last valid index values are the second and
third DWORD in Data section.

Verifier asks windows to monitor drivers as they work. This makes all drivers run slow which is why it's off by default. Minidumps are more reliable when verifier is running, and it may catch errors that

Go to oca.microsoft.com and upload the minidump there.