Tottenham robbed

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Mikael Schøler" <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message
news:41db292d$0$243$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk...
> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and the
> ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither did the
> linesman..
>
> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv

Fergie would have gone ballistic if it had been allowed - the 'officials'
bottled it big time. :(

Dan

"[Raven]" <nospam@my.inbox.thankyou> wrote in message
> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and
>> the ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither
>> did the linesman..
>>
>> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv
>
> Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been given ,
> certainly that i've seen.
>
> Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
>
> http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg
>

> --
> [Raven]

reminded me when darren peacock got one allowed back in the days when
newcastle were "up there" and it was touch and go on the line... it was
allowed, newcastle beat man u that day 5 - 0

good game, i bought the video tape haha

it was a shocker that though i saw it, should bring in the technology to
replace the old bald 45 yr old linesman who cant see

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 03:54:04 -0000, "Christo" <chris@juststuffd.co.uk>
wrote:

>"[Raven]" <nospam@my.inbox.thankyou> wrote in message
>> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>>> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and
>>> the ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither
>>> did the linesman..
>>>
>>> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv
>>
>> Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been given ,
>> certainly that i've seen.
>>
>> Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
>>
>> http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg
>>

>> --
>> [Raven]
>>

>reminded me when darren peacock got one allowed back in the days when
>newcastle were "up there" and it was touch and go on the line... it was
>allowed, newcastle beat man u that day 5 - 0

ah the good old days.

phillipe albert's chip..............that was the bet of the lot :)

--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

Chris F wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 03:54:04 -0000, "Christo" <chris@juststuffd.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

>>"[Raven]" <nospam@my.inbox.thankyou> wrote in message

>>>Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been given ,
>>>certainly that i've seen.
>>>
>>>Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
>>>
>>>http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg
>>>

>>>--
>>>[Raven]
>>>

>>reminded me when darren peacock got one allowed back in the days when
>>newcastle were "up there" and it was touch and go on the line... it was
>>allowed, newcastle beat man u that day 5 - 0
>>

> ah the good old days.
>
> phillipe albert's chip..............that was the bet of the lot :)

What a great goal that was!

--

I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my girlfriend to
go swimming.

[Raven] wrote:
> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and
>> the ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither
>> did the linesman..
>>
>> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv
>
> Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been
> given , certainly that i've seen.
>
> Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
>
> http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg

Didn't Hughes once hit the advertising board and have it bounce out to be
not given?

Em Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:39:38 +0100, Mikael Schøler <QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk>
escreveu:

> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and the
> ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither did the
> linesman..
>
> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv

'the site has been suspended' :-(

--
The Brazilian Man

Em Wed, 05 Jan 2005 02:36:50 GMT, [Raven] <nospam@my.inbox.thankyou>
escreveu:

> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and
>> the ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither
>> did the linesman..
>>
>> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv
>
> Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been given ,
> certainly that i've seen.
>
> Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
>
> http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg

wow, who was the linesman? don't tell me he could not see it!
is it a conspiracy against the blues to save russian poor kids? :-D

--
The Brazilian Man

"Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 03:54:04 -0000, "Christo" <chris@juststuffd.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

>>"[Raven]" <nospam@my.inbox.thankyou> wrote in message

>>> Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been given
>>> ,
>>> certainly that i've seen.
>>>
>>> Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
>>>
>>> http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg
>>>

>>> --
>>> [Raven]
>>>

>>reminded me when darren peacock got one allowed back in the days when
>>newcastle were "up there" and it was touch and go on the line... it was
>>allowed, newcastle beat man u that day 5 - 0
>>
> ah the good old days.
>
> phillipe albert's chip..............that was the bet of the lot :)

haha that was a joke for a while up here in the north... a poor one though i
know that much, shame i cant remember the exact joke.

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 00:39:38 +0100, Mikael Schøler
<QM3mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> wrote:

>During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and the
>ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither did the
>linesman..
>
>http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv

That's not an option. They obviously didn't want to see it.

-Nick

gareth

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

"[Raven]" <nospam@my.inbox.thankyou> wrote in message
> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and
>> the ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither
>> did the linesman..
>>
>> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv
>
> Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been given ,
> certainly that i've seen.
>
> Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
>
> http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg
>

> --
> [Raven]

To be honest it would only Happen to manure at old trafford and in the last
few minutes, if it were the other way round, the fans and the moans and the
protests of the manure fans/players the goal would be given. I am quite sure
of that.
this has got to one of the worst refereeing blunders ever, the refereeing
over the xmas period has been really shite, i think you can all agree,
numerous mistakes have been made and games which should have a winner have
been draws etc etc.
with so much money in football these days and being as high profile as it
is, we need new changes and new ideas for referee's.

Mikael Schøler wrote:

> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and the
> ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither did the
> linesman..
>
> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv

WHAT a goalie..WHAT a goal.... They both could have been great..lol.

In article <41dc3d6c$1@news.broadpark.no>, thedeadstaysdead@forever.no
says...
> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>
> > During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and the
> > ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither did the
> > linesman..

In defense of the linesman -- and this is speculation, because I can't
be bothered to look at the video of the game to check it out -- it
should've been nearly impossible for him to have a good look at the goal
line when the ball went in, if he was doing what he was supposed to be
doing at the time of the incident.

A linesman during open play is supposed to line himself up with last
defender, which, at the time Mendes took his shot, was pushed up toward
the half-line, putting the linesman about as far away from the goal as
he can get. I would assume that when the shot was taken, the linesman
began rushing back down the line toward the goal, during which it would
have been hard to concentrate on the ball at all times, or he may have
even taken his eye off the ball and headed back toward the last defender
when it looked like something Carroll was easily going to catch (this
was no Seaman v. Zaragoza flail, either. Carroll was well-positioned and
waiting for the ball. It's amazing that f-ed it up like he did). In
either case, he would not be ideally situated to judge the way he would
during normal attacking circumstances when the defenders would be in the
box putting him in a better perspective.

Of course, that doesn't mean Spurs weren't robbed, just that it may not
have been obvious to those who in command.

"Gareth" <gareth47@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "[Raven]" <nospam@my.inbox.thankyou> wrote in message
> > Mikael Schøler wrote:
> >> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and
> >> the ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither
> >> did the linesman..
> >>
> >> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv
> >
> > Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been
given ,
> > certainly that i've seen.
> >
> > Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
> >
> > http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg
> >

> > --
> > [Raven]
>
> To be honest it would only Happen to manure at old trafford and in the
last
> few minutes, if it were the other way round, the fans and the moans and
the
> protests of the manure fans/players the goal would be given. I am quite
sure
> of that.
> this has got to one of the worst refereeing blunders ever, the
refereeing
> over the xmas period has been really shite, i think you can all agree,
> numerous mistakes have been made and games which should have a winner
have
> been draws etc etc.
> with so much money in football these days and being as high profile as
it
> is, we need new changes and new ideas for referee's.

It was so obviously a goal there is no way it was anything other than
Carroll must have blocked their view.

What I can't believe is that with video replays having proved themselves
in other sports the FA decide that instead they must "reinvent the wheel"
and ask the ball manufacturers to add technology to the balls so they
know where they are on the pitch!

Em Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:37:30 -0800, Bickle <bickle@dorrk.com> escreveu:

> In article <41dc3d6c$1@news.broadpark.no>, thedeadstaysdead@forever.no
> says...
>> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>>
>> > During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and
>> the
>> > ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither did the
>> > linesman..
>

> In defense of the linesman -- and this is speculation, because I can't
> be bothered to look at the video of the game to check it out -- it
> should've been nearly impossible for him to have a good look at the goal
> line when the ball went in, if he was doing what he was supposed to be
> doing at the time of the incident.
>
> A linesman during open play is supposed to line himself up with last
> defender, which, at the time Mendes took his shot, was pushed up toward
> the half-line, putting the linesman about as far away from the goal as
> he can get. I would assume that when the shot was taken, the linesman
> began rushing back down the line toward the goal, during which it would
> have been hard to concentrate on the ball at all times, or he may have
> even taken his eye off the ball and headed back toward the last defender
> when it looked like something Carroll was easily going to catch (this
> was no Seaman v. Zaragoza flail, either. Carroll was well-positioned and
> waiting for the ball. It's amazing that f-ed it up like he did). In
> either case, he would not be ideally situated to judge the way he would
> during normal attacking circumstances when the defenders would be in the
> box putting him in a better perspective.
>
> Of course, that doesn't mean Spurs weren't robbed, just that it may not
> have been obvious to those who in command.

No taking the specific case to judge, but come to my mind that UK misses
good keepers.
It's amazing that Banks homeland can't produce any more realiable keepers.
I say that considering you're not happy with Calamity at yr national side,
and that Wright + Kirkland could not provide the hopes you want.
Green seems to be an option, but sometimes we overate a keeper because he
plays a weak side and have full action week in week out.
Weaver was a disappointment, others are too old...

Who has the answer pls be welcome.

--
The Brazilian Man

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Em Wed, 05 Jan 2005 02:36:50 GMT, [Raven] <nospam@my.inbox.thankyou>
> escreveu:
>
>> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>>> During the game against ManUtd, Carroll made a huuuuuge blunder and
>>> the ball went in.. Unfortunately the referee never saw it, neither
>>> did the linesman..
>>>
>>> http://www.bentex.co.uk/video/Carroll_blunder.wmv
>>
>> Probably the furthest a ball has crossed a line and ever not been
>> given , certainly that i've seen.
>>
>> Looks closer to the net than the line to me :p
>>
>> http://www.spurk.myby.co.uk/temp/carrol.jpg
>>

> wow, who was the linesman? don't tell me he could not see it!

He's said he's happy with the job he did (apparently his primary role is to
watch the last defender!)

> this has got to one of the worst refereeing blunders ever,

What made me laugh was that the BBC then did a list of the worst refereeing
blunders and included the Chesterfield Middlesboro FA Cup semi final.

They criticised the referee for not giving the "goal" when the ball hit the
bar and rebounded down.

Rather conveniently they forgot that the referee had actually stopped play
before the player shot.

> What I can't believe is that with video replays having proved
> themselves in other sports the FA decide that instead they must
> "reinvent the wheel" and ask the ball manufacturers to add technology
> to the balls so they know where they are on the pitch!

Other sports do have natural breaks though.

That incident is actually for me a prime example of how it wouldn't work.

There was no point to stop the game to view the video as the ball remained
live, and had Manure gone back up the other end and scored, can you imagine
Fergie's reaction when their goal is chalked off?

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:54:01 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>No taking the specific case to judge, but come to my mind that UK misses
>good keepers.
>It's amazing that Banks homeland can't produce any more realiable keepers.
>I say that considering you're not happy with Calamity at yr national side,
>and that Wright + Kirkland could not provide the hopes you want.
>Green seems to be an option, but sometimes we overate a keeper because he
>plays a weak side and have full action week in week out.
>Weaver was a disappointment, others are too old...
>Who has the answer pls be welcome.

Well, Robinson gave a decent account of himself at the other end.

As for Kirkland and Weaver, both have suffered from injury problems
(Weaver even moreso than Kirkland) and as such haven't really had a
great chance to prove themselves. Weaver's been out so long he won't
get the chance now, which is a shame as even though he was a bluenose
bastard he looked pretty decent. Fair comment about Green; looks good
but he is constantly in the action playing for a club so low in the
division. Be interesting to see if he can step up to a higher level -
I think he will.

Em Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:28:22 +0000, Overcooked missile silo
<nospam@caradawc.freeserve.co.uk> escreveu:

> On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:54:01 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
> <eduNOSPAMliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
>> No taking the specific case to judge, but come to my mind that UK misses
>> good keepers.
>> It's amazing that Banks homeland can't produce any more realiable
>> keepers.
>> I say that considering you're not happy with Calamity at yr national
>> side,
>> and that Wright + Kirkland could not provide the hopes you want.
>> Green seems to be an option, but sometimes we overate a keeper because
>> he
>> plays a weak side and have full action week in week out.
>> Weaver was a disappointment, others are too old...
>> Who has the answer pls be welcome.
>
> Well, Robinson gave a decent account of himself at the other end.
>
> As for Kirkland and Weaver, both have suffered from injury problems
> (Weaver even moreso than Kirkland) and as such haven't really had a
> great chance to prove themselves. Weaver's been out so long he won't
> get the chance now, which is a shame as even though he was a bluenose
> bastard he looked pretty decent. Fair comment about Green; looks good
> but he is constantly in the action playing for a club so low in the
> division. Be interesting to see if he can step up to a higher level -
> I think he will.

apologize for missing Robinson on my comments, however I hard recall if it
was on FM or Real world that someone was saying Robinson could not be the
England keeper. :)

--
The Brazilian Man

"Marc Robbins" <marc@ITHINKTHISMEANSNOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote in message news:crj9n3$7hi$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> > What I can't believe is that with video replays having proved
> > themselves in other sports the FA decide that instead they must
> > "reinvent the wheel" and ask the ball manufacturers to add technology
> > to the balls so they know where they are on the pitch!
>
> Other sports do have natural breaks though.
>
> That incident is actually for me a prime example of how it wouldn't
work.

> There was no point to stop the game to view the video as the ball
remained
> live, and had Manure gone back up the other end and scored, can you
imagine
> Fergie's reaction when their goal is chalked off?

Then use a system like cyclops or hawkeye and have it beep in the ref's
ear when the ball crosses the line. Then he can blow and if necessary
see a replay. Spurs were totally robbed and should have had the 3
points. Also there is no way Manu could have gone up and scored and then
had it disallowed if as you say the ball was live. If using a replay the
ref would have blown his whistle before they got to the halfway line so
they wouldn't have scored anyway.

Replays in general would work in football if used wisely. The is it or
isn't it a try adds to the excitement in rugby and I think it would do
the same in football. I would like to see it used to confirm penalties vs
a freekick and off the line incidents and only when the ref didn't see
it. I don't see it being needed as often as in rugby either so it
wouldn't add much time to a game.

> Then use a system like cyclops or hawkeye and have it beep in the
> ref's ear when the ball crosses the line. Then he can blow and if
> necessary see a replay. Spurs were totally robbed and should have
> had the 3 points. Also there is no way Manu could have gone up and
> scored and then had it disallowed if as you say the ball was live.
> If using a replay the ref would have blown his whistle before they
> got to the halfway line so they wouldn't have scored anyway.

The microchip-type thing I like, but answer me this.

If he stops play with one team on a break with for example 3 on 2 and going
at pace to watch a replay, and then it proves no goal, how does he restart
play?