Windows Cannot Start File Missing or Corrupt

Andrew

I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to recover user
the recovery console because Windows couldn't start (File missing or corrupt
Windows\System32\Config). I have reinstalled on a new hard drive due to
problems experienced in the past so I am confident that the drive is OK, in
fact I am fairly confident that all the hardware is OK as I never had a
single problem with Windows ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to
shutdown very very fast; could this be too fast and causing some corruption?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:114r4aeo63oj657@corp.supernews.com,
Andrew <andrewportess@NOSPAMhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to recover
> user the recovery console because Windows couldn't start (File
> missing or corrupt Windows\System32\Config). I have reinstalled on a
> new hard drive due to problems experienced in the past so I am
> confident that the drive is OK, in fact I am fairly confident that
> all the hardware is OK as I never had a single problem with Windows
> ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to shutdown very very fast;
> could this be too fast and causing some corruption?
>
> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

Andrew

Thanks for pointing out the MS KB article however my original posts ststaes
that I have recovered my installation; I know want to know if a fast
shutdown could be causing problems.

Thanks,

Andy