Windows Cannot Start File Missing or Corrupt

I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to recover user
the recovery console because Windows couldn't start (File missing or corrupt
Windows\System32\Config). I have reinstalled on a new hard drive due to
problems experienced in the past so I am confident that the drive is OK, in
fact I am fairly confident that all the hardware is OK as I never had a
single problem with Windows ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to
shutdown very very fast; could this be too fast and causing some corruption?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy
2 answers Last reply
More about windows start file missing corrupt

    How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
    starting
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:114r4aeo63oj657@corp.supernews.com,
    Andrew <andrewportess@NOSPAMhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to recover
    > user the recovery console because Windows couldn't start (File
    > missing or corrupt Windows\System32\Config). I have reinstalled on a
    > new hard drive due to problems experienced in the past so I am
    > confident that the drive is OK, in fact I am fairly confident that
    > all the hardware is OK as I never had a single problem with Windows
    > ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to shutdown very very fast;
    > could this be too fast and causing some corruption?
    >
    > Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andy

    Thanks for pointing out the MS KB article however my original posts ststaes
    that I have recovered my installation; I know want to know if a fast
    shutdown could be causing problems.

    Thanks,

    Andy

    > How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from
    > starting
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:114r4aeo63oj657@corp.supernews.com,
    > Andrew <andrewportess@NOSPAMhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> I just reinstalled XP home and have in the last 3 days had to recover
    >> user the recovery console because Windows couldn't start (File
    >> missing or corrupt Windows\System32\Config). I have reinstalled on a
    >> new hard drive due to problems experienced in the past so I am
    >> confident that the drive is OK, in fact I am fairly confident that
    >> all the hardware is OK as I never had a single problem with Windows
    >> ME installed. My latest XP instal seems to shutdown very very fast;
    >> could this be too fast and causing some corruption?
    >>
    >> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Andy

Windows XP